The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 02-27-2012, 07:40 PM

Default Larrivee LS-03 Forum III Guitar - #63 of 78 - TRADED - THANKS!

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm ready to try something new $1100 cash plus expenses to me, or I'd trade for a Larrivee OM-09 or OM-05 MT. Looking for a rosewood or walnut back & sides in the OM-09. (Really wish I could find a cedar top over rosewood or walnut Larrivee, but there are lots of us wishing the same thing!)

I bought this wonderful Forum III LS-03 twelve-fret guitar from the original owner (Daysailor) on the Larrivee Forum. Italian Spruce/Mahogany, herringbone rosette, Jim Holler installed bone nut and saddle and signed by JCL himself. Ebony tuner buttons. Original chrome buttons, saddle/nut and tortoise-shell pickguard in case. John Pearse ebony armrest cut down to fit the curve of the lower bout.

Your choice; you can have the original Larrivee flat top plain case or an upgraded arch-top with six latches and key lock.

A little fret wear on the e and b strings first 3 frets. Only played fingerstyle and currently has a clear pickguard in place. Presently set up with light action, and EJ-19 PB D'Addario bluegrass strings. .085" low E / .065" high E ....Buzz free!

I've had a JJB Prestige pickup array professionally installed under the bridgeplate and it sounds very natural amplified.

In the interest of full disclosure (can't photograph them so they show...) there is a small match-head size mark in the upper right top and some barely visible impressions on the underside of the lower bout. Nothing else I can see. It's been kept in my home office in good company with my other guitars and an ultrasonic humidifier.

Please forgive the amatuer photographs - I used a camera that had been chewed by a Great Dane puppy years ago.... PM me with any questions or request for other photos.

Check out the bearclaw on the top....

Acorn House Custom by Chris Kenney:Tinman "Heart Guitar" SJ
McKnight Mini-Mac V; Madagascar RW, Italian/Carpathian top; exquisite!
John Helton Custom OM; Honduran Mahogany Burl "the Growler"
Rainsong H-DR1100N2
Journey travel guitar in Nashville high tuning

"The music lives in the musician; not the instrument."

Last edited by rwskaggs; 02-29-2012 at 04:49 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
12-fret, forum, italian spruce, larrivee, mahogany