The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-28-2022, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon@Caulfield View Post
Here you go!

Love the yellow, love seeing the Uke (I still think those will sell better than you expect).

Constructive note: you need a lapel mic. The mic you have for the guitars is great, but it's very hard to hear/understand you when you are talking due to the distance.
Rainsong SFTA-FLE; WS3000; CH-PA
Taylor GA3-12, Guild F-212

https://markhorning.bandcamp.com/music
Old 11-28-2022, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon@Caulfield View Post
Here you go!
Thank you Simon, nice to see an update and learn a little more😊
Old 11-28-2022, 09:48 AM
Charter Member

Thanks Simon. I'm looking forward to your weekly updates.
Old 11-28-2022, 11:36 AM
Charter Member

Thanks for the videos and I'm very happy to hear you've recovered.

The guitar sounds great from what I can tell. In the footage you've shot, are there any longer sections in which there's no singing? That would be great.

Keep up the good work!
Old 11-30-2022, 04:14 AM
AGF Sponsor

Thanks all Its good to be back :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiberty View Post
Love the yellow, love seeing the Uke (I still think those will sell better than you expect).

Constructive note: you need a lapel mic. The mic you have for the guitars is great, but it's very hard to hear/understand you when you are talking due to the distance.
Its been a steep learning curve and I had been holding off on buying more equipment until I know how to use it all a bit better... but your comment was the excuse I needed and I have just ordered more :P

I'm sure my accent is hard enough to decipher at times (I swear I dont have an accent in real life, but when I watch the video back.. I seem to have one 🤷🏻*♂️😆 )

Thanks for your input (I'll have a lapel mic as soon as it gets here!); any other suggestions are always appreciated. And I really want to portray the look and sound as accurately as possible. The sound of the guitar is something I'm most proud off and I've had a serious fear of not being able to capture that on video/audio because of my own limitations.

My perfectionism has stopped me uploading videos or showing many of my guitars, but I realise now its part of the journey and if I were an onlooker, id enjoy seeing that. So from here on out, "warts and all" :P
Old 11-30-2022, 09:21 AM

The guitar sounds great! The prior video really didn't portray it well and it sounded tinny but the latest videos really sound much better. That's yellow one sounds great! Wonder if having less material allows the soundboard to vibrate more.
Old 12-01-2022, 07:35 PM
Charter Member

Location: alpha quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy, planet Earth, upstate NY

I really like the sound of that blue guitar. Which model is it? Are your guitars for sale now?
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon
Old 12-04-2022, 01:41 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDaniel View Post
The guitar sounds great! The prior video really didn't portray it well and it sounded tinny but the latest videos really sound much better. That's yellow one sounds great! Wonder if having less material allows the soundboard to vibrate more.
I think it’s a combination of better mic placement, better settings and better strings! As for the yellow one, drop tuning give it a lot more body. The blue one sounds pretty much identical with the same strings/tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenB View Post
I really like the sound of that blue guitar. Which model is it? Are your guitars for sale now?
It’s my first model which I’m calling The Atlas. Not yet for sale, but I’m hoping to begin taking orders very soon. I’m working on a final group of prototypes which may also be for sale.

The next video will be ready some time between tomorrow and Tuesday!
My new mics arrived today also and I’m looking forward to getting them setup.

Simon
Old 12-07-2022, 06:35 AM
Charter Member

Location: alpha quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy, planet Earth, upstate NY

Simon, Are your guitars going to be customizable to some extent?
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon
Old 12-07-2022, 02:28 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenB View Post
Simon, Are your guitars going to be customizable to some extent?
Yes! At least initially all guitars will be made to order (with the exception of ex-demo guitars or small levels of stock). Options will include paint and finish options, inlays, pickups, strings etc.

I will likely also at some point offer more complex customisations (scale length, neck profile, fan frets, 7 strings and beyond!) but that will likely be further down the road.

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to get this weeks video put together. I have been completely inundated with orders of my guitar stands and accessories and want to get them all out as soon as possible so all my customers get them in time for Christmas But the video is coming ASAP!

As always, if you have any questions or suggestions that you'd like to see covered in a video; just let me know!
Old 12-13-2022, 04:28 AM
AGF Sponsor

Hi Guys!

Finally getting ahead of my orders!

An old friend, Ruaidhri called in over the weekend to put some of my guitars through their paces. He has been in quite a few bands, and it may shock you to hear that he usually likes his action super low and his distortion super high; but I think he was still pretty blown away. :P

Its always great getting peoples genuine insight and opinions on my instruments; from all variations and styles of players.

We are also in the middle of a bit of a freeze at the minute. I took a few snaps before work this morning

This weeks video is recorded and on its way!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG20221210171250_2.jpg (53.1 KB, 244 views)
File Type: jpg IMG20221213094515_comp.jpg (69.1 KB, 250 views)
Old 12-18-2022, 05:37 AM
AGF Sponsor

Hi All!

I've decided to have a little fun on the run up to Christmas. See my new thread and video here

Simon
Old 12-22-2022, 12:46 PM

Hey Simon,

Any chance we'll see some pictures of a burst finish on one of your guitars before the New Year?
Old 12-28-2022, 08:30 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2guitar_eh View Post
Hey Simon,

Any chance we'll see some pictures of a burst finish on one of your guitars before the New Year?

Unfortunately it will likely be the middle of January before I have the next batch of instruments ready for paint.

I'll be sure to update you all as I work on them.
Old 12-28-2022, 08:52 AM

Looking forward to your ongoing updates, and will be eager to see the blue burst whenever it comes to fruition!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber