The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-30-2017, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icaro738 View Post
thanks for answer, guys. but i didn't understand what is more "responsive". anyone can explain me?
Ok to the best of my ability:
Responsive is the word often used to describe a type of guitar that when finger-picked the notes have a rich, warm tone that seems to bloom or push out of the guitar with a lighter touch. In other words it doesn't take a lot of pressure as you,pluck the strings to get the sound the guitar was designed to produce.
The downside of that might be less loudness and projection of the strings than you might want when a pick is used.
If you are used to this with your Guild, you may be disappointed with that type of guitar or you might like it.
The Taylor will be louder sounding when a pick is used but when finger picked may not sound as warm and rich.
Having said all that, others may be able to explain it better.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 12-31-2017, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
Ok to the best of my ability:
Responsive is the word often used to describe a type of guitar that when finger-picked the notes have a rich, warm tone that seems to bloom or push out of the guitar with a lighter touch. In other words it doesn't take a lot of pressure as you,pluck the strings to get the sound the guitar was designed to produce.
The downside of that might be less loudness and projection of the strings than you might want when a pick is used.
If you are used to this with your Guild, you may be disappointed with that type of guitar or you might like it.
The Taylor will be louder sounding when a pick is used but when finger picked may not sound as warm and rich.
Having said all that, others may be able to explain it better.
Thanks for helping me, man. i really appreciate that. so...Taylor is the best choice ? i was thinking more on martin cuz is all solid, but seems it has more
disadvantages than advantages in this case
Old 12-31-2017, 03:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icaro738 View Post
Thanks for helping me, man. i really appreciate that. so...Taylor is the best choice ? i was thinking more on martin cuz is all solid, but seems it has more
disadvantages than advantages in this case
Go by what you want, what you think, and your gut feel. When it gets right down to it, we can only provide opinions based on our limited, personal experience.

2017 Alvarez Yairi OY70CE - Sugaree
c.1966 Regal Sovereign R235 Jumbo - Old Dollar
2009 Martin 000-15 - Brown Bella
1977 Gibson MK-35 - Apollo
2004 Fender American Stratocaster - The Blue Max
2017 Fender Custom American Telecaster - Brown Sugar
Think Hippie Thoughts...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
acoustic guitar, guild d150, martin drs1, taylor 210ce