The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-13-2017, 01:37 PM

Smile RainSong Guitars

This company is based in Woodinville, Washington. When I first picked one up I absolutely did not want to like it. The purist in me was crying out "If it's not wood its not a guitar!!!" But I was instantly corrected upon playing one. The first thing I was really impressed with is the clarity and balance. The low end is never unruly, making it superb for playing with a group. On top of that they are impervious to the coniditions, moisture, and pretty much anything else you can throw it's way. I settled on a Jumbo model myself for it's big proud sound. But one thing that really surprised me was how different each sounds. I was expecting a more or less uniform "Carbon Fiber" tone, like we talk about with tone woods so much. But every shape has a unique and individual tone to it. Which is pretty cool.

Last edited by Kerbie; 08-13-2017 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Edited advertising
Old 08-13-2017, 04:09 PM
Charter Member

Are you, by chance, the RainSong dealer in Renton, WA? (music store of the same name as your forum name)

We have dealers who participate here, but it is proper etiquette to let folks know who you are, so you are giving the proper perspective.

Welcome aboard.
Old 08-13-2017, 05:22 PM

Welcome, A Sharp, both to the forum and the world of Carbon Fiber guitars. My first experience was almost twenty years ago, and I'm still learning.
Old 08-13-2017, 05:50 PM

Welcome the CF world. A fun playable cool versatile place to be... or something like that.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Tags
acoustic, carbon, carbon fiber, composite, rainsong