The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 12:28 PM
Guest 928

Oh sure. Mock all those poor waiters, repeating their expressions of woe. I don't care what your cat says, you are just bad to the bone.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Oh sure. Mock all those poor waiters, repeating their expressions of woe. I don't care what your cat says, you are just bad to the bone.
B-b-b-b-b-bad. Bad to the bone.

And for the record, I was not mocking anyone... just tossing you a bone, so you could sit back and laugh your evil cackle.

Yep - bad to the bone.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:01 PM
Charter Member

The guitar has arrived in the US, but no other detail. You don’t suppose Evan has paid off the USPS to not update the tracking? Nahhh; he wouldn’t do that. Would he?

Just funning around. I know he would. Busy with scooting and some home projects today... first day since we’ve been home that I didn’t get some guitar time in. Yet.
Old 10-05-2018, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
You don’t suppose Evan has paid off the USPS to not update the tracking?
Interesting idea...thanks
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 10-05-2018, 10:37 PM
Charter Member

Might be time for some more of them big fish pictures while you wait...
Old 10-06-2018, 07:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
Might be time for some more of them big fish pictures while you wait...
Like this?

Rub my belly...

OT, but this is what a "waiter" does.

And for the record, those "big fish"... yeah, they're mammals.
Old 10-06-2018, 08:27 AM
Charter Member

Great pics...yeah, I knew that "mammal" thing was coming. I hope your guitar arrives soon. looking forward to the report.
Old 10-06-2018, 02:41 PM
Charter Member

So, I ran the tracking number from AN Post through USPS... the guitar is currently "in transit to the destination" after being played by Postal Workers in San Antonio. With this being a "Monday Holiday weekend," it should likely show up on Tuesday.

In and out of Customs on the 5th.

I put the red strap (I had taken with us this summer with the X10 in mind) on the X20 today. Joan said, "That looks good on there - I think you need another strap."

Old 10-06-2018, 02:56 PM
Guest 928

That's actually pretty good time. Looking forward to seeing/hearing the new family member.
Old 10-06-2018, 03:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
That's actually pretty good time. Looking forward to seeing/hearing the new family member.
Who is this, and what have you done with Evan???!!!

Old 10-06-2018, 06:03 PM
Guest 928

Evan is lurking around, checking things out. Seeing who is vulnerable. You're looking pretty solid; cool wife, great cat, nice guitars, good pics. Not much use in picking on you. Looking for new meat. Besides, can't be picking on a cousin--I leave that to nephew K.

Last edited by Guest 928; 10-06-2018 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Not much use in picking on you. Looking for new meat. Besides, can't be picking on a cousin--I leave that to nephew K.
Hey now ..I resemble that remark...or something' like that
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 10-09-2018, 11:45 AM
Charter Member

A package for me from Ireland has been sitting in our local Post Office since Saturday afternoon. Well, I'm assuming so, based on the time it left our regional hub earlier that day. So, with Sunday and the Monday holiday in there, I expected to see those 3 little words we all want to hear: Out For Delivery.

Nope. Instead, when I checked this morning, I got...

"Sorry, we're currently experiencing technical difficulties with our tracking application. We thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the issue. Please check back."

Pretty sure the USPS is just messing with me.

My darling wife said, "Don't put your life on hold today - you know deliveries run later than usual after a holiday weekend."

Pretty sure she's messing with me, too.

On the bright side, the tracking has been restored, stating that the package was checked into the local Post Office at 6:20 this morning, and "Expected Delivery on Tuesday, October 9th."

No, they don't deliver to our house here on this island, and there are no parcel package lockers big enough for a guitar at our centrally located boxes... so, I'll just wait to see if they leave the box at our Activity Office (sometimes they do that), or take it back to the Post Office where I won't be able to pick it up until tomorrow.

Yeah, they're all messing with me.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:01 PM
Guest 928

How about the cat? Messing with you also?

By the way, the three little words are "experiencing technical difficulties."
Old 10-09-2018, 12:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
On the bright side, the tracking has been restored, stating that the package was checked into the local Post Office at 6:20 this morning, and "Expected Delivery on Tuesday, October 9th."

No, they don't deliver to our house here on this island, and there are no parcel package lockers big enough for a guitar at our centrally located boxes... so, I'll just wait to see if they leave the box at our Activity Office (sometimes they do that), or take it back to the Post Office where I won't be able to pick it up until tomorrow.

Yeah, they're all messing with me.
FWIW, when my X20 came last month, I never got an "out for delivery" on the tracking system either. Just something similar to your "expected delivery" thing. And it ended up showing up that day pretty early. So you're probably golden in terms of that. But the situation with no mail delivery to your island, I can't give you any comfort on that one...

I do know that within a few days you'll have forgotten all about the waiting...
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber