The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-13-2009, 09:02 PM

Default Attaching a lot of stuff to a loop pedal!!

So I am a solo acoustic performer. I've been playing with a loop pedal recently and have put together a few other pedals to go along with it (Compressor, EQ, Chorus, and Digital Delay..in that order into the loop). I also have an A/B box connecting my guitar and an AUX mic (to loop harmonica and harmonies) into those pedals. I'd like to attach an electronic drum machine through the loop pedal only.

My idea is to get a behringer mini mixer and put that at the end of my pedals, and also attach the drum machine to the mixer, then send all that through the loop pedal and onto the PA. I'm still very much a novice when comes to all this pedal stuff so I was wondering if this is the dumbest idea ever of if it should work. also if you think it will work any suggestions on a mini mixer. I'm considering the Behringer XENYX 1202 Mixer.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:34 AM

what kind of looper are you using? most looper pedals are mono, so they will make your drum machine sound mono as well. a drum machine can loop so why not connect it directly on the mixer?

also, some loopers have simple drum petterns in them (my little boss pedal does). they are very simple, but they might work for you..

regarding the mixer, i have played through cheap mixers, they do the job, but considering that when you need a tiny mixer, the cost to upgrade is 50-70 bucks, i bought a tiny mackie, and the sound improvement was worth the money..
Old 12-14-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter View Post
..., i bought a tiny mackie, and the sound improvement was worth the money..
Which Mackie model do you have? I'm in th e market, but haven't yet made a decision.

Thanks,

Ray

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification