The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 04-16-2006, 10:20 AM
AGF Sponsor

Default West coast here I come.......

Hi All,
Except for one possible additional house concert on Tuesday, May 9 in San Francisco, near the Golden Gate Bridge, these are just about the final details of my West Coast Tour Schedule.

Important note: Please keep in mind that I'm available during my travels for private lessons in many cases provided I have enough prior notice. I'll be in the Seattle area for at least 5 days as it is, but after that I'll be on a much tighter travel and gig schedule.

Thank you to all who've gotten in touch already!!

http://www.howardemerson.com/

Herewith................

Saturday April 29 in Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area) Howard will be doing an all-day event at Kennelly Keys / Roy’s Place Recital Hall located at 4918 196th St SW, Lynnwood, WA 98036. He’ll be doing private lessons, a clinic and a performance. There are/were 5 lesson slots ($40/hour), a ‘Dropped D’ clinic from 4:30-6:00PM ($30, limited to 10 students) where you'll learn, note for note, a large part of Howard's composition, Dew Rag, from his first CD, Crossing Crystal Lake. Techniques explained in depth are palm muting, thumb-strums, up-brushes, syncopated bass lines, etc. and finally a performance at 7:30PM. Tickets for the performance are $12.00 in advance or $15.00 the day of the show. Camcorders are greatly encouraged for clinic or lessons as Howard don’t do tab, but he ‘splain real good’ 
Important note: Please contact Ray Boyce at 425-775-9751, or [email protected] regarding lesson time slots and clinic availability!!!! There has been a lot of advanced interest

Sunday May 7 in Portland, OR. I’ll be doing a house concert at 3:00PM in the home of Mike Doolin of Doolin Guitars! For information ticket price, directions, etc, please send email to [email protected] or contact Mike at (503)236-2424 or web site http://www.DoolinGuitars.com

Wednesday May 10 in El Dorado Hills, CA (near Sacramento) I’ll be doing a house concert hosted by Patrick McNamara. Tickets are $15.00. For directions, time and reservations please call (916)397-7959 or email [email protected]

Friday May 12 at 8:00 P.M. in Santa Cruz, CA House concert hosted by David Hilyard. Please call or email for reservations and directions, 831-458-9532, or [email protected] or [email protected] Tickets are $15.00 at the door but reservations are required and the seating is limited.

Saturday May 13 at 12:30-2:30 PM in Palo Alto, CA at Gryphon Stringed Instruments. I’ll be doing a teaching clinic limited to 10 people. For details please go to http://www.gryphonstrings.com/lesson...workshops.html and scroll down.

Saturday May 13 at 7:30 in Fremont, CA House concert hosted by Matt Hayden. Please email Matt at [email protected] . More details to follow.

Sunday May 14 at 7:00 P.M. in San Luis Obispo @ La Lomita Ranch
All details can be found the www.surveyor.com/concerts/
Contact Howard Gordon at [email protected] or call (805) 704 4426

Friday May 19 in Encinitas, CA house concert hosted by Mike Duffy. This show is sold out, but if you’re local, and feelin’ lucky, you can call or email to ask about possible cancellations. Mike’s email is [email protected] and his phone is 760-944-0486.

Sunday May 21 in Mesa, AZ at 5:00 P.M. I’ll be doing concert hosted by Roger Hightower. Please contact Roger at [email protected] for reservations (480) 838-1215 Price: $15.00 per person, cash only, and pay at door. Location: Grande Room, La Casita Recreation Center on the Dobson Ranch, 2719 S. Reyes, Mesa, AZ.
Doors open at 4:30, concert begins at 5:00

Last edited by Howard Emerson; 04-17-2006 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:28 PM

Thumbs up

To everyone reading Howard Emerson's schedule.
If you have the opportunity to attend one of Howard's workshops, I highly recommend it. I have been studying with Howard for only a short time and I have to tell you that is has done wonders for my playing, enthusiasm and inspiration working with him.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:20 PM

A bump for Howard - just got my tickets for the Washington show
Old 04-18-2006, 03:17 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaVine
A bump for Howard - just got my tickets for the Washington show
...........and a big 'Thanks' from me, Pea! See you at the show at Kennelly Keys!

Howard
Old 04-25-2006, 04:12 PM

Last bump for the Seattle area folks
Old 04-26-2006, 10:58 PM

I like your style, flirty skirt is groovy. As soon as I can save up enough money (college kid), I'd like to purchase a cd from you. Good luck with your venues. Your playing in Santa Cruz on my 21st birthday.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:13 PM

I wish I could go! but I have $6500+ to raise for a mission trip/ music tour this summer already, Ugh! Anyone who wants to pray for me, that would be cool too! Anyway, like your style, and maybe next year, if you do it again!

1994 Carlos
2001 Seagull
Old 04-27-2006, 04:38 AM
AGF Sponsor

Cool

Hi all,
I'm packed and ready to take the train to the plane a little after noon today, so I'll be in Seattle this evening, and I have Friday to unwind and get ready for a long day of teaching and performing in Lynnwood. It should be a lot of fun!

I appreciate all the well-wishes, and I'll certainly be checking my email while on the road, and posting on occasion.

David, good luck on your mission/trip and JSMarshall, I'm glad to hear you enjoy my stuff as well!

You both have excellent taste! Who says the younger generation don't know good music??

Onward,
Howard
Old 04-27-2006, 06:43 AM

Howard... just a quick note to wish you well on your west coast swing. I really enjoy our music, and would like the opportunity to see/hear you live some time. Have a great time singing and playing that beautiful music, bro!

DJanzen
'06 52RI Tele
Old 04-27-2006, 06:54 AM

Howard, I'll see you in SLO on 5/14! Can't wait. Have a safe and happy trip.

Bill Cory
Old 04-28-2006, 11:45 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Franklin
Howard, I'll see you in SLO on 5/14! Can't wait. Have a safe and happy trip.

Bill Cory
Hey Will,
I'm safely settled in Seattle after an uneventful flight Thursday. Just relaxing, practicing, restringing and doing some sights today.

Got a full day tomorrow in Lynnwood at Roy's Place with private lessons, a clinic and a performance!

I'll see you in San Luis Obispo!

Best,
Howard

Best

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell