The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-14-2009, 09:58 AM

Default Fried Fishman Blender

I played for church this weekend. I was using my Fishman Blender (circa 1993) on Saturday night and it sounded great. I was just using the internal Crown mic, tone set flat, no EQ on the board. Worked perfectly for both Saturday night services.

Sunday morning when we did sound check the soundman only received a hum. The Low Battery light was lit on the Fishman even though we were using an external wall wart. Changed to a battery: no joy. Gave the preamp a sniff test and, sure enough, the scent of burned electronics was present.

There is a guy in town who does circuit board level repair so I will take it to him, but if it is dead then I'll need a replacement.

I priced a Pendulum SPS-1, but I don't know that I'm willing to spend $1999 at this time.

Do you have a recommendation for a pre-amp that would work with the Crown internal mic? I rarley use the Baggs.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:32 PM

I'm considering the D-TAR Solstice. Anyone care to comment how this would work with a Crown mic and a Baggs? I will mostly use just the Crown.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification