The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-13-2009, 01:21 PM

Default PODxt - Cool little kidney bean

Just wanted to throw this out there for anyone that is looking at home recording, lives in an apartment, or is looking for versatility.

As I am leaning a bit more into electrics these days, I picked up my Les Paul and started fiddling around with my PODxt last night and after dialing each amp one by one tweaking the drive, bass, treble, middle, and presence, I remembered how good it was! So much that I recorded a track.

I know there's nothing like the real thing, but I have to say that for the price you can get a really cool toy (I'm not talking about the PODx3 though, that one is expensive )

Anyway... my favorite amps last night were the Marshall 1968 Variac Plexi, Marshall 1987 JCM 800, and Vox 1961 AC-15; the Fender® 1964 Deluxe Reverb also sounded pretty cool but never could control the bass (maybe because I was playing with my LP)

I'll post the recording once I figure out how to capo a guitar and not mess up the tuning
Old 12-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Guitar Gourmet

True. True.

I've based most of my best models around the Deluxe. I control the bass by going to a 2x12 cabinet Sim. that both smooths the highs and mellows the bass a wee.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 12-13-2009, 01:41 PM

I have a PodXT Live (the floorboard version) and I really like it. Like you said, it's not perfect, but it is a really cool gizmo and it gives you the opportunity to try out a lot of effects and variations - though tweaking through the LCD interface is tedious; the PC software is much more friendly! And tweaking really is necessary to get a decent sound.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification