The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 05-29-2018, 01:56 AM

Default Paco Santiago Marin model xxx - opinion?

I am new to classical guitar.
I moved from steel string to nylon, influenced by friends in Finland.
Does anyone has the PCM 30 anniversary?
Does any does a comparison between PCM 30 vs Bernabe Especial ?

Both made in Spain; PCM from Granada and the Bernabe from Madrid, perhaps the build and tradition will make these guitars sound different.

Hope someone could help to shed some light on these 2 guitars.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:36 PM

Location: We are in Tucson, Arizona. https://www.zavaletas-guitarras.com

I represent both Paco Santiago Marin and Paulino Bernabe, both are extraordinarily talented luthiers, and make wonderful guitars. The sound quality that I would pick that distinguishes their guitars is that Paco's model xxx aniversario has a distinctly wetter tone, (almost as if it were plugged into an amp).

You can find recordings these models our website zavaletas-guitarras.com
Old 06-03-2018, 03:57 PM

Thank you. I plan to buy online.
New PCM XXX at 8,300 Euro was quoted to me.
Cheers
Old 06-03-2018, 04:09 PM

Dear Zavaletas,

With about 8,300 Euro to spend, is PSM XXX a good choice or should I buy other brand based on your experience? Your expertise will greatly help to provide another great choice.

Thank you and please guide me.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:52 PM

A war chest of 8300 Euros will buy you a lot of guitar, but it sounds like you are leaning toward the Paco Santiago Marin. By the way, Paco is now making a 50th anniversary model, and his son, Luis, is making his own XXX anniversary model. This price is pretty much retail on his new guitars from guitar shops in Europe. You should note that within the UK & European Union, new instruments are subject to the addition of VAT on top of the listed price. If it is being exported, then VAT does not apply, but you will face additional shipping and duties costs. If assuming it contains rosewood, be sure the seller can provide you with valid CITES documents for the rosewood. You may have to do a Lacey declaration as well.

James
Old 06-04-2018, 01:52 PM

Dear James,

Your are right and many young European are moving somewhere else to avoid such high tax because their parents and themselves could not retire in their old age.

I was introduced to this guitar by a friend of mine and he has PSM XXX which I find the sound uniquely Granadian, Spanish.

During the guitar festival, I happen to come across many guitarist who favours it..a gravitational pull ...perhaps a little bias..very hard to the right adjectives..I think it is better to get one of the best nylon guitars and concentrate on playing well ...some Bossa of the 60s..where steel guitars does not come in quite as good.

Thank You James. I look up to you for guidance if I need another guitars..perhaps Bernabe Especial..from Madrid.
Old 06-05-2018, 02:51 PM

I would be pleased to help you anytime-- sale or not.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical