The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 06-05-2018, 07:51 PM
Charter Member

Default Pono OOOO-20DC Cedar/Mahogany --- Local Sale Denver/Boulder/Co Springs

Hello AGFers - Up for sale is a 2013 Pono OOOO-20DC in very good condition (8.5/10). This guitar has been played well, but as of late, just doesn't get played all that much. Condition: I would put it in very good condition, if you angle in the right lighting there are a couple small pic marks on the treble side. This guitar was mostly played finger style... but still though I would mention it. There are also two small indents located on the top binding (photos below), bout the size of a half grain of white rice. They do not break the finish, but they are there.

This guitar is a great larger body fingerpicker, that has a very warm and woody tone. The trebles are fantastic with a woody, warm, and dry piano like sustain, that really sweeten up with some vibrato. The bass is round and punchy, not as much as a dreadnought, the guitar is very balanced across the strings, but they do do make themselves known.

This guitar excels in DADGAD or doing some finger style blues a in standard tuning or dropping a half step down. On the flip side this is a cedar top that you can strum and drive a bit more than other cedar tops that I've played.

The guitars specs:

Top: Solid Canadian Cedar
Back & Sides: Solid Mahogany
Neck: Mahogany
Fretboard/Bridge/Pins: Ebony
Binding: Koa
Nut: 1 3/4
Spacing: 2 1/4
Scale: 25.25
14 Frets to the body

I am the original owner of this Pono, and have kept the guitar in its case when not being played (Denver is quite dry) supported by two oasis humidifiers in the case and keep it in my guitar room (work in progress) which I keep between 40-50*.

I am keeping this sale local in the front range of CO. Please PM me with any questions or if you would like to come by and try out the guitar. The only trade I am looking for would be an Eastman E20OM (preferably w/ sunburst) or possibly an Eastman E20P (same). The price (trade or sale) is $775. Thanks for looking!

Video demoing the model, this model differs as it has acacia back and sides, but sounds quite similar for reference:

https://vimeo.com/39963240

Last edited by acousticjazz; 06-12-2018 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:52 PM
Charter Member

Default The indents on the top binding

Old 06-07-2018, 02:13 PM
Charter Member

Wow things are moving quick! Bump to the top.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:26 AM
Charter Member

Come on front range folk! You know you want to come over and pic this one 97* outside, but a nice comfy 74* inside with perfect RH. Bump to the top!
Old 06-12-2018, 01:36 PM
Charter Member

Bump to the top!
Old 06-15-2018, 10:53 AM
Charter Member

PM's have all been answered, interest but no takers yet. Contact me if you would like to take a test drive, happy Friday!
Old 06-17-2018, 11:34 AM
Charter Member

First day under 90* in three weeks bump! Might play outside today
Old 06-21-2018, 02:08 PM
Charter Member

Fantastic large body cedar hog combo! Come over this weekend and give her a strum
Old 06-24-2018, 10:01 AM
Charter Member

Last bump before vacation, come over to play a great guitar!
Old 07-04-2018, 10:54 PM
Charter Member

Happy Fourth of July Everyone, let's bump this guitar back to the top! PM me with any questions.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:10 AM
Charter Member

Guitar is still available!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars