The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 06-08-2018, 12:31 PM

Default ANOTHER new model from Emerald!

Considering the classic, Italian-named, brands that have long dominated this very special type of guitar, I'm calling this the D'Emerald.

It's not up on the Emerald site yet; these pics (and many more) are from Facebook.

Old 06-08-2018, 12:34 PM
Charter Member

Ummm... some of us saw this days ago when Emerald released the video of their 20th Anniversary Concert. There is some spectacular playing with the archtop in that video!
Old 06-08-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Ummm... some of us saw this days ago when Emerald released the video of their 20th Anniversary Concert. There is some spectacular playing with the archtop in that video!
DAYS ago??!! Entire DAYS??!! Shoot, I feel so behind-the-cyber-times, hehehe! But if the news/photos were posted here, I must have missed it…

And anyway, I needed a chance to get my D'Emerald pun out there so it wouldn't clog up my brain…

Last edited by Uncle Pauhana; 06-08-2018 at 01:19 PM.
Old 06-08-2018, 01:10 PM

Thanks for posting the photos for those of us who haven't been able to watch the video. What gorgeous instruments -- Alistair has outdone himself yet again. I see this as proof that Alistair knows what f holes are and therefore my dream of an Emerald mandolin is still alive :o)
Old 06-08-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumokids View Post
Thanks for posting the photos for those of us who haven't been able to watch the video. What gorgeous instruments -- Alistair has outdone himself yet again. I see this as proof that Alistair knows what f holes are and therefore my dream of an Emerald mandolin is still alive :o)
I can certainly imagine a mandolin joining the Emerald family someday. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Old 06-08-2018, 01:30 PM
Charter Member

Beautiful guitar, imagine the price will be up there with the carved head stock and all.
Old 06-08-2018, 01:38 PM

That is awesome. A nearly indestructible archtop.

That makes me start thinking about getting an Emerald "solid" body Strat type guitar.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:50 PM
Guest 928

Hey everyone, slow down, wait for me, I just got here. What a stunning instrument! Just about the time I think Alistair will be taking a break he comes up with something new and irresistible. I wonder if he ever sleeps?
Old 06-08-2018, 03:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Pauhana View Post
DAYS ago??!! Entire DAYS??!! Shoot, I feel so behind-the-cyber-times, hehehe! But if the news/photos were posted here, I must have missed it…

And anyway, I needed a chance to get my D'Emerald pun out there so it wouldn't clog up my brain…

LOL Uncle P, you need to get with the times - it isn't about the news, but about who posts it first.

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...=512115&page=7

Check out post #102 and later. Six days ago... you could easily round that up to... a week!

On the bright side, the pun still works. Or, as those of us who are right on top of what's happening now say: "See ya later, alligator."
Old 06-08-2018, 03:48 PM

Whoa. That’s a sexy guitar.
Old 06-08-2018, 05:19 PM

It sure is fine looking and sounded great days...yes days ago in the video.... and if I knew 600 or so 5th over 9th flat m7th augmented jazz chords, I might have at one someday.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 06-09-2018, 04:58 AM

Why don’t I see this new guitar on his site? Mainly, why don’t I see exactly how much money I don’t have to spend?
Old 06-09-2018, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojobean39 View Post
Why don’t I see this new guitar on his site? Mainly, why don’t I see exactly how much money I don’t have to spend?
Too new for you and us too....
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 06-09-2018, 05:54 AM

Might be a little too soon to expect that arch top on the Emerald web site with pricing.

In the video, Alistair initially calls it the very first Emerald production model arch top guitar, then later on mentions it's destine to be a production guitar and that it's not quite there yet, so it could be called a working prototype that needs a little more tweaking and very soon it'll be part of the Emerald guitar line.
2018 X30
And four all
laminate wood
acoustic guitars
Old 06-09-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121 View Post
Might be a little too soon to expect that arch top on the Emerald web site with pricing.

In the video, Alistair initially calls it the very first Emerald production model arch top guitar, then later on mentions it's destine to be a production guitar and that it's not quite there yet, so it could be called a working prototype that needs a little more tweaking and very soon it'll be part of the Emerald guitar line.
And soon sfter that it’ll be part of a few sig lines here...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber