The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-20-2023, 01:32 PM

I have the bag EV specifically makes and it’s pretty cool. It fits all my stuff and it’s easy to carry.

By the way I did my first gig with mine and it was great. Vocals were super up front people way out in the back of the room told me they were too loud and I can easily say they were only about 30 percent up if that. And it’s a big open air room that holds 125 and it was about full.

https://youtu.be/GYQyviRfnC8
Old 02-21-2023, 04:19 PM

Got me an EV last week, didn't gig so far. Tried it in my studio and I'm impressed for the quality of sound and features. Big fan of QSC K8.2 here, but I guess the EV will be my personal monitor in the future, fed by a Grace Felix (guitar, mandolin, slide ... pickup / external mic blend 50/50).

https://www.youtube.com/@roberthasleder1526
Old 02-21-2023, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman68 View Post
Got me an EV last week, didn't gig so far. Tried it in my studio and I'm impressed for the quality of sound and features. Big fan of QSC K8.2 here, but I guess the EV will be my personal monitor in the future, fed by a Grace Felix (guitar, mandolin, slide ... pickup / external mic blend 50/50).
I do wish they could have gotten it a tad closer in volume to one of those for scenarios it was needed. A built in mixer for me is insanely useful.
Old 02-22-2023, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Hi Robert,

I've seen you are selling your Elite Acoustic D6-8. I tried the EV last week in Hannover and decided although it is superior to the JBL eon one compact it was not worth the swap.

Elite Acoustic has a strong reputation tone wise. Does the EV sound better to your ears?
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Gibson Les Paul Standard 1958 Reissue (2013)
Fender Stratocaster American Vintage 1954 (2014)
http://acousticir.free.fr/
Old 02-22-2023, 05:21 PM

Hi Cuki,

the Elite Acoustic sounds as good as the EV In my opinion. Reason for selling is: I purchased it some take back for good friend. Unfortunately he could not use it anymore due to serious health problems. So I'm selling it for him again.
The EA is great combo with that in built digital mixer. For ease of use I personally prefer the EV. Only using it as a personal monitor, no need for four inputs ... And the EV has less weight and a floor wedge format - bonus for my use.

https://www.youtube.com/@roberthasleder1526
Old 02-22-2023, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Hi Cuki,

the Elite Acoustic sounds as good as the EV In my opinion. Reason for selling is: I purchased it some take back for good friend. Unfortunately he could not use it anymore due to serious health problems. So I'm selling it for him again.
The EA is great combo with that in built digital mixer. For ease of use I personally prefer the EV. Only using it as a personal monitor, no need for four inputs ... And the EV has less weight and a floor wedge format - bonus for my use.
Thanks Robert! I think it sounds very good indeed. I hope I will resist the GAS
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Old 02-23-2023, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeStone View Post
Scored an Everse 8 yesterday and so far very pleased.

Still on the honeymoon - but so far the sound is fantastic- effects and EQ are very nice, easy to use.

As a solo acoustic guitar/singer/performer this will be a great unit!
Planning on using it for small venues on its own and for larger venues,
as a monitor then out to my Bose Pro8 PA.

The wireless app is useful too.

Sound and feature wise - Definitely a step up from my Bose S1 Pro.. which I’ve used for past 5 years!

- let’s share some tips and tricks !
I love mine! You'll be surprised how many gigs this little speaker can handle.
Old 02-23-2023, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuki79 View Post
Thanks Robert! I think it sounds very good indeed. I hope I will resist the GAS
I will say the EV definitely has more headroom.
Old 02-24-2023, 01:05 PM

Quote:
I tried the EV last week in Hannover and decided although it is superior to the JBL eon one compact it was not worth the swap.
Your comment just caught my attention because I've got the JBL Compact and have been wondering if I'd like the ElectroVoice better, particularly in terms of 1) ease of use and 2) mixer capability. Overall projection, coverage and loudness matter too, but then I'm not expecting it to be a replacement for my 608i.
Friedman WW Smallbox, Marshall 4212
Old 02-24-2023, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nama Ensou View Post
Your comment just caught my attention because I've got the JBL Compact and have been wondering if I'd like the ElectroVoice better, particularly in terms of 1) ease of use and 2) mixer capability. Overall projection, coverage and loudness matter too, but then I'm not expecting it to be a replacement for my 608i.
1) I think it was easy to use. The screen is easier to read than the green LED circles.

2) The mixer has one input less. Did not try the app.

3) Honestly if you have a 608i and the JBL, I am not sure it is worth
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Old 02-24-2023, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nama Ensou View Post
Having used the EV extensively, the app and effects are really good. It also sounds good in its upper limits of limiting too. I think it’s a great all in one option. I’d love for someone to make the exact same thing, maybe 5-10 pounds more, but as loud as a CP8 and it would be the only speaker I’d ever need.
Old 02-25-2023, 01:00 AM

Quote:
1) I think it was easy to use. The screen is easier to read than the green LED circles.

2) The mixer has one input less. Did not try the app.

3) Honestly if you have a 608i and the JBL, I am not sure it is worth
To tell the truth, I really want to be lazy and not take the 608i unless I have a really compelling reason to, hence the purchase of the still mostly unused Eon Compact. My curiosity naturally gets piqued though when I see comparisons between these two and most of the feedback on the EV being positive as it's been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackPomerleau View Post
Having used the EV extensively, the app and effects are really good. It also sounds good in its upper limits of limiting too. I think it’s a great all in one option. I’d love for someone to make the exact same thing, maybe 5-10 pounds more, but as loud as a CP8 and it would be the only speaker I’d ever need.
I like that proposition and doubt that it'll be too much longer before we see more serious competition in this range. One additional thing I'd really like to see as well would be a more serious built-in mixer, which was one of the main reasons for my having purchased the HK 608i and in a compact battery powered unit I'd like to see at least enough inputs for a duo to play and sing without having to also connect an external mixer.
Friedman WW Smallbox, Marshall 4212
Old 02-25-2023, 04:49 AM
Charter Member

I’ve had more time with the Everse, CP8 and K8.2 now.

I feel like the Everse is marginally louder than the JBL compact. The CP8 sounds way better to me and the 8.2 better still. It’s all in the headroom and punch.

The JBL full physical controls are nice but the EV app is nice. Once the JBL has the new app later this year it may change my thoughts again.

If I don’t need battery power then I take the 8.2 whenever possible and use my TC VL3x or the gigmix with it. If I need battery power I’ve been taking the Everse but I feel like the S1, JBL and Everse are all viable options. I really need to make a final decision and sell two and keep one of them. I don’t think any of them blow the other away or get anywhere close to the sound of a K8.2.
Old 02-25-2023, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
I really need to make a final decision and sell two and keep one of them. I don’t think any of them blow the other away or get anywhere close to the sound of a K8.2.
Why don't you buy a Beaudens/Jackery/Grantimaya battery pack and only use the CP-8?

Sometimes it is easier to have a single rig...
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Old 02-25-2023, 11:54 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Why don't you buy a Beaudens/Jackery/Grantimaya battery pack and only use the CP-8?

Sometimes it is easier to have a single rig...
Because I played today and needed an all in one, 15lb speaker to take on the subway.

I will say this though. There is no way that the Everse is 450w and the JBL is 150w. They are much closer than that.

Last edited by AeroUSA; 02-25-2023 at 12:08 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification