The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-28-2023, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackPomerleau View Post
I use mine at outdoor farmers markets a bit and it’s perfect and not too loud but I still have more volume. The effects are actually pretty good honestly. I use the short and wide doubling, reverb with short delay, and just delay a bit. People who complain about the price might have a valid thing to say, but it’s literally all in one. I can pack up and be gone in five minutes with this thing. It’s awesome!!!
Thanks for the pertinent feedback. Now I want one even more.

Thinking about the money spent on my Jackery, and some of my powered speakers, and what a couple effects pedals cost, and the other systems, the price is fair.
Old 03-28-2023, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackPomerleau View Post
I use mine at outdoor farmers markets a bit and it’s perfect and not too loud but I still have more volume. The effects are actually pretty good honestly. I use the short and wide doubling, reverb with short delay, and just delay a bit. People who complain about the price might have a valid thing to say, but it’s literally all in one. I can pack up and be gone in five minutes with this thing. It’s awesome!!!
I get that people wish things were cheaper, but this speaker seems to be fairly well priced considering what it actually is. Lots of lesser performing options available for lower prices on the market.
If it cost less I'd be more likely to jump in and get one right now, but also if it cost less, I'd be less likely to be interested, not because of the price, but because of what they would leave out to make the price lower. I never wanted to have a bunch of extra crap to carry and hook up, like the external power supplies and mixer, effects and cables, and systems like this get you much closer to a guitar, mic, stand, speaker setup.
Really liking some of this input you keep giving up with gives a drivers seat perspective.
Friedman WW Smallbox, Marshall 4212
Old 03-28-2023, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
Thanks for the pertinent feedback. Now I want one even more.

Thinking about the money spent on my Jackery, and some of my powered speakers, and what a couple effects pedals cost, and the other systems, the price is fair.
I considered getting one of those. It’s just too much stuff for me to move around. I’m usually a drummer and I’m annoyed to move stuff haha. Overall this works well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nama Ensou View Post
I get that people wish things were cheaper, but this speaker seems to be fairly well priced considering what it actually is. Lots of lesser performing options available for lower prices on the market.
If it cost less I'd be more likely to jump in and get one right now, but also if it cost less, I'd be less likely to be interested, not because of the price, but because of what they would leave out to make the price lower. I never wanted to have a bunch of extra crap to carry and hook up, like the external power supplies and mixer, effects and cables, and systems like this get you much closer to a guitar, mic, stand, speaker setup.
Really liking some of this input you keep giving up with gives a drivers seat perspective.
It’s very cool and EV is super helpful. I had a problem and one of the designers personally spoke to me about it which was awesome. I use this for large and small and it does quite well. I play a pretty big farmers market a lot which is like 3500 people walking around and the music area is probably like 50 feet or so if area to walk, maybe less, the entirety is the city hall parking lot and is like 175 feet. You can hear it clearly for around 75 feet and a bit muffled all the way back. I am also at not its peak volume. No matter what I do I cannot hit the limiter, I have at least 3-5 more decibels to spare. It’s comfortably loud for listening. In an indoor venue it’s even better as the room can be of some help. I never play music in a way I have to blast over things, so it’s awesome.
Old 04-27-2023, 01:01 PM

Default EV 8

Do you use the Everse 8 or the 30M for the farmer's market?
Old 04-27-2023, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Guitars View Post
Do you use the Everse 8 or the 30M for the farmer's market?
Everse. I don’t have a 30M although I’m debating getting one or a 50M eventually. Undecided on which way to do with that thus far.
Old 05-09-2023, 11:39 AM

I tried Mackie Thumb GO 8 and desided order Everse 8 again.

Last edited by Tuomo_; 05-15-2023 at 04:51 AM.
Old 12-29-2023, 10:46 AM

Default Everse 8 Footswitch input Functionality

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeStone View Post
Scored an Everse 8 yesterday and so far very pleased.

Still on the honeymoon - but so far the sound is fantastic- effects and EQ are very nice, easy to use.

As a solo acoustic guitar/singer/performer this will be a great unit!
Planning on using it for small venues on its own and for larger venues,
as a monitor then out to my Bose Pro8 PA.

The wireless app is useful too.

Sound and feature wise - Definitely a step up from my Bose S1 Pro.. which I’ve used for past 5 years!

- let’s share some tips and tricks !
I'm curious about the Footswitch on Everse 8. Can you run some kind of base effect (like a pleasant reverb) and then kick-in some other effect with the footswitch? Thanks
JBL EON One Compact
Too many harmonicas!

"I never met a guitar I didn't like..."
Old 12-29-2023, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by engr_scotty View Post
I'm curious about the Footswitch on Everse 8. Can you run some kind of base effect (like a pleasant reverb) and then kick-in some other effect with the footswitch? Thanks

No you cannot. On the Everse 8 only one effect can be used at once and it is applied equally to all channels. There is no option of using two different effects at the same time, one on channel one and a different one on channel two. IMHO this is a huge drawback to this amp. I don't use the same effect on my vocal as my guitar. This requires the use of outboard effects if you want to use different effects on vocal and guitar. You can turn off the effect on one channel if desired. This is apparently what the designers of this expect us to do. Seems like a waste of nice effects on this unit to only use one effect on vocal OR guitar.
Alvarez
Fender Strat '69
Gibson 1942 Banner LG-2 Vintage Sunburst
Gibson SJ-200
Taylor Myrtlewood 12 string
Emerald X20
Godin Montreal w/piezo
Old 12-30-2023, 03:09 PM

Default Everse 8 Footswitch funchtion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotroad View Post
No you cannot. On the Everse 8 only one effect can be used at once and it is applied equally to all channels. There is no option of using two different effects at the same time, one on channel one and a different one on channel two. IMHO this is a huge drawback to this amp. I don't use the same effect on my vocal as my guitar. This requires the use of outboard effects if you want to use different effects on vocal and guitar. You can turn off the effect on one channel if desired. This is apparently what the designers of this expect us to do. Seems like a waste of nice effects on this unit to only use one effect on vocal OR guitar.
Thanks for your help! Sounds kinda lame. But possibly it can be fixed in a future SW update...?

My JBL Eon One Compact is sort of the same way. There is Reverb, Delay and Chorus, which apply to all channels. Good thing is that the *amount* of the selected effect(s) can be controlled per channel. I find this acceptable for dialing in the guitar and voice. The USB power port is nice for connecting pedals with a USB-to-9V adapter. I think Everse 8 has one of those too.

Thanks for your help. But yeah, other than on and off, the E8 footswitch input sounds lame. It would be REALLY nice if you could have a base-level reverb on your voice and then use the footswitch to kick in another effect or a much higher level of effect for chorus' etc. Again, maybe a software update will address this...?

Thanks again!
Scotty
JBL EON One Compact
Too many harmonicas!

"I never met a guitar I didn't like..."

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification