The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 12-23-2018, 02:07 PM

Default Upcoming show by David Bromberg's American Crossroads Trio

I know that David Bromberg has worked with numerous outfits and musicians, but I couldn't find any videos or songs on the web by this particular trio. I've never seen him live before and am interested but not sure what to expect.

They are playing a show here in January and I wonder if I should go. I very much like Bromberg's stuff that's in the folk/bluegrass/Americana area, but I'm less interested if it's strictly blues.

Does anyone have a better idea of the kind of stuff they will play?

Martin America 1
Martin 000-15sm
Recording King Dirty 30s RPS-9 TS
Taylor GS Mini
Baton Rouge 12-string guitar
Martin L1XR Little Martin
1933 Epiphone Olympic
1971 square neck Dobro
Old 12-24-2018, 12:31 AM

I don't think I'd ever pass up a chance to see him. He's always struck me as having deep respect for all genres of music. I'd be excited just to see what he'd bring that particular night. Whatever he does, you know he'll do it masterfully. And he's freakin' hilarious...
Old 12-24-2018, 09:32 AM

Wouldn't miss the opportunity to see David Bromberg. Have seen him many times going back a lot of decades. It will be a great time. When he held his open jams in Wilmington, Delaware a few years back, went a couple of times. Among the most fun and exiting evenings of music ever. Wish it was in March when we will be in Tucson.

Jeff
Flammang RS35, Flammang el35, SC 000 12 Fret ss, SC H13, SC PJ, Rockbridge 00, Eastman 810ce, Recording King RPH 03, Martin LX (on loan), Martin 0018vs (given to Godson), Lowden F388c (traded), SC OM (traded), Martin OM28v (traded), Martin 00017s (sold), Bourgeois Martin Simpson Slope D 12 fret (sold), Larrivee Parlor (traded), Larrivee L05MT (sold), Gibson LG1 (sold), Seagull Folk (traded)
Old 12-24-2018, 10:16 AM

Bromberg, Larry Campbell and David Hidalgo together! That really sounds interesting. I wish they were playing close to me!
Old 12-27-2018, 01:24 PM

I caught him with his small band last summer on Long Island. He, like many of us, is getting older and slowing down. I saw his last NYC show in Central Park when he was at the height of his career and went into self imposed exile from the music community at the end of the '70s. He was my acoustic guitar slinging hero then. I would never pass up an opportunity to see him play.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases