The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 03-14-2020, 10:09 PM

Default 2011 Taylor Sinker Redwood BTO short scale 12th fret

Hey guys,

First time seller here so bear with me. Selling my BTO Taylor I had built in 2011. Hopefully the pictures will show up below. It has a slotted headstock, short scale, and the body meets the neck at the 12th fret. Other features are the Taylor Expression system, flamed koa binding on the guitar and fretboard, and a koa mini wedge on the back. String spacing is 1 3/4”. I paid $3,999.00 for this guitar in 2011. It also has a shaded edge burst and a Venetian cutaway. Possibly other stuff that I’m forgetting to mention but the papers from Taylor got lost some years ago. I emailed Taylor about getting a new spec sheet but they did not respond. I also checked with C&M Music (great shop) where I bought the guitar but they didn’t have a record of the spec sheet and they have not been Taylor carriers in several years.

The guitar is beautiful and an awesome fingerstyle guitar that I thought I would keep forever. However, I played it for a bit (terrified I would ding it) then started gravitating to flatpicking then to Bluegrass. It is NOT a Bluegrass guitar lol. It is in awesome condition but there are a couple of imperfections that I tried to get in the pictures including a very small light discoloration under the low E right by the nut. There is also an imperfection near the pickup controls that looks to me like a small hole that was plugged. It is very clear in the pictures but is not that noticeable in person as the back and sides are much darker than they appear under bright lights and a phone flash. I didn’t notice the imperfection when I picked up the guitar but C&M did. However, it did not deter me from buying it.

Asking $3400.00 based only on what’s been selling on Reverb. I think it’s a fair price considering it is sinker redwood. I know it’s not striped like some of the sinker but I specifically requested a very uniform top and they came through.

By the way, I doubt that I’ll be open to any trades as I’m purchasing a 1949 Martin D-18 on Monday and putting down a deposit on a PreWar shortly. A trade would have to be something good for Bluegrass and I already have a reimagined HD-28. So, very little chance that I’d do a trade.

Thanks for looking. If the ad is clumsy, forgive me.

Taylor 2011 Build to Order Grand Concert
Top: Solid Sinker Redwood (Shaded Edgeburst)
Back and sides: Solid Indian Rosewood
Binding: Flamed Koa
Back Mini Wedge: Koa
Venetian Cutaway
Electronics: Expression system (2011)
Nut: Bone 1.75 inch
Rosette: Abalone

Note: Last 2 pictures show the mark on the fretboard (not very noticeable with the strings on) and the area that looks like it was maybe a small repair by Taylor but came new that way. The little whitish area on the heel is not a blemish. It wiped off. Can’t really find other issues. Maybe some faint swirls my eyes don’t see but nothing I can get to photograph. No changes made to this guitar since I purchased it new 9 years ago.
Old 03-15-2020, 08:03 AM

Hey folks, gonna contact Taylor again about getting the build sheet. Will put that up as soon as available.

Patrick
Old 03-19-2020, 05:48 PM

Default Added Build Sheet and new pics

Hey folks, contacted Taylor and was emailed a copy of the original build sheet from 2011. I had to take a picture of it after I printed it and that’s as clear as I can get it. If anyone wants a better copy, I can forward the document to you. I also found the original order sheet sent to me from C&M Music in my old emails with the prices for each of the upgrades if needed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1F432658-FF35-4AA7-8226-94297BF7C774.jpg (42.1 KB, 345 views)
File Type: jpg BFA40C2B-5C52-423C-8AFD-981C8BCA99A0.jpg (67.9 KB, 346 views)
File Type: jpg 1F9F43FB-F9BB-42A1-BA95-295E310A85A7.jpg (68.1 KB, 341 views)
Old 04-02-2020, 08:25 PM

Random Thursday bump.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:53 PM
Charter Member

Smile Welcome!

Hey Mindful

Welcome to the candy store! Nice Taylor there. Best on the sale...

Enjoy the vintage Martin!

Stay well and have FUN

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC
Big Tunnel 14 RW/Bubinga Dread(ish)

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars