The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-04-2010, 12:13 AM

Default Jamman 'Solo' or Jamman 'Stereo'

Im in the market for a looper and have been exlporing various models specs and have settled on the Jamman either solo or stereo.

I find the extra loop space and memory size a big advantage over the Boss products.

the only quesiton is should I get the Solo or the Stereo ?

Now, my main need will be to have pre-recorded loops for when i play lead parts over rhythm when playing solo. I would also like to use the multilayer and rhythm feature when practiciing at home. Those will be main two needs.

I also prefer the smaller size of the Jamman Solo.

So, is there a significant benefit in the Jamman Stereo given my needs and which one would you recommend, especially if you had experience with either product ?

cheers.
Mark
The Pickers 43' Gibson LG-2, 09' Furch OM 32SM (custom) , 02' Martin J-40
The Beater 99' Cort Earth 100
What we do on weekends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/doubleshotprague
Old 08-04-2010, 03:49 PM

Folks, any Jamman users out there ... I know you exist ..
What we do on weekends:
Old 08-04-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorPrague View Post
Folks, any Jamman users out there ... I know you exist ..
Just bought the JamMan Solo. It just came today. I haven't even opened the box. I went with the solo because of it's size, and because I read a review at one of the retail sites that indicated that the switches on the "stereo" were loud, but on the "solo" they were not. I also read several posts here that indicated that stereo was a "waste" and not really necessary. That's all that I can contribute at the moment.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:29 PM

I have no experience with the stereo model, but I used a Solo for a while before I switched to the DL-8 a few months ago. The Solo was a great piece of gear and I highly recommend it when people ask me about loopers.

Deciding between the two would matter for your needs and ears to decide.

A few Canadian and American Guitars
Old 08-04-2010, 05:34 PM

I just upgraded my Jamman to the Jamman Delay. Really cool device. I like how it has the feature to hook up an expression pedal and control the loop volume or delay settings. The up and down loop buttons are quite handy. No complaints after two days of use.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:48 PM

I went for the stereo because I put backing tracks on mine and those tracks are stereo. I guess if you have stereo efx it might be good too. There may be other uses for stereo.

If you are going into an amp or have no way to project a stereo signal then stereo would be of little use.

I did also hear that the switches on the Jamman Stereo are loud but only when you are playing softly, otherwise the noise is negligible.

Martin 00-18V (sitka/hog) Taylor GCce 12-fret LTD (all koa) Gibson Keb Mo (adi/hog) Cervantes Crossover I (cedar/pe) Breedlove Oregon Parlor LTD (all myrtle) Journey OF-660 (carbon fiber) Radial ToneBone PZ-Pre TC Helicon Play Acoustic Singular Sound Beat Buddy HK Audio Lucas Nano 608i Bose S1 Pro
Old 08-05-2010, 12:07 AM

Would love to get your feedback how how you find it today or tomorrow as Im driving to Germany on saturday to Europes biggest guitar shop. I will probably buy a Jamman then, and Im somewhat leaning to the Solo version also.

BTW, did you get the footpedal, doesnt it make much of a difference ?

cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLeeWebb View Post
Just bought the JamMan Solo. It just came today. I haven't even opened the box. I went with the solo because of it's size, and because I read a review at one of the retail sites that indicated that the switches on the "stereo" were loud, but on the "solo" they were not. I also read several posts here that indicated that stereo was a "waste" and not really necessary. That's all that I can contribute at the moment.
What we do on weekends:
Old 08-05-2010, 09:22 AM

In general, I would always opt for a looper with more than one button. I have found that the ease and breadth of control from an extra foot switch far outweighs the small size of one of the single pedal loopers. I would expect this is even more true if one relies on pre-recorded material.

Collings OM2Hss -- Collings 0001A -- '79 Guild F30 -- Waterloo WL-14L
'37 National Rosita "Eurydice" -- NRP Radiotone Bendaway "Kokopelli" -- NRP Collegian
Old 08-28-2010, 10:19 AM

Default Jam Man Solo

I have the solo. I put a 2 gig card in it. Have about 80 songs and loops so far.
I record my loops using an electric guitar plugged into the pedal and earphones on the output side. All at the same volume level on the guitar pretty much wide open. Sometimes add delay or chorus but mostly un-effected. Then when I use my acoustic guitar I have two different sounds going. I put my gig loops on the S-card so I dont accidently erase them on the 98 slots in the pedal. The extra footswitch pedal is a must. Its $49 bucks. If you look on Youtube you can make one for $20 or way less. I found it too late but its pretty easy.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:29 AM

Thanks for all the feedback. I finished up buying the stereo as I simply figured having the extra footswitch will make life easier, while the extra cost wasn't a major consideration. So far have been having a ball creating backing loops and experimenting.

Cheers.
What we do on weekends:
Old 08-28-2010, 11:31 AM

Thanks for the post. I have been researching these today and I think I will get the stereo one also . I want to create backing tracks by recording them into my computer ( Ableton live) and then outputing a stereo mixed .Wav file to the Jamman using the memory card feature. Anyone try this with this new digitech stereo Jamman pedal? Have you gigged with this setup?
Originally I was looking at the new mobile sound canvas SD-50 from Roland but this digitech looks like the ticket for gigging.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification