The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-28-2010, 07:36 PM

Default ZT Lunchbox Acoustic vs. Cub AG-100

Anybody compared these two small and lightweight acoustic amps? I have a Fishman equipped acoustic-electric dreadnought, but also want to be able to occasionally plug a Telecaster in. (but just for clean tones)
Old 08-29-2010, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert H. View Post
Anybody compared these two small and lightweight acoustic amps? I have a Fishman equipped acoustic-electric dreadnought, but also want to be able to occasionally plug a Telecaster in. (but just for clean tones)
I tried a buddy's ZT at home next to my Cub 100. The ZT is way louder, but doesn't come close to matching the transparent natural acoustic tone of the Cub 100. To me, it's all about the tone. The volume is way down my list of importance. Especially since I play at home. If I were to do a small gig I wouldn't use the ZT either. If I don't like the tone at lower volume, I'm sure not going to like the tone at higher volume.

Nothing more than one mans opinion and not worth much to others.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny1948golf View Post
I tried a buddy's ZT at home next to my Cub 100. The ZT is way louder, but doesn't come close to matching the transparent natural acoustic tone of the Cub 100. To me, it's all about the tone. The volume is way down my list of importance. Especially since I play at home. If I were to do a small gig I wouldn't use the ZT either. If I don't like the tone at lower volume, I'm sure not going to like the tone at higher volume.

Nothing more than one mans opinion and not worth much to others.
Was the ZT the Lunchbox Acoustic or the original Lunchbox? I've been leaning towards the Cub, as well. Any experience running an electric guitar through it? Thanks for your input!
Old 08-29-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert H. View Post
Was the ZT the Lunchbox Acoustic or the original Lunchbox? I've been leaning towards the Cub, as well. Any experience running an electric guitar through it? Thanks for your input!
The Lunchbox that I tried was the acoustic model. I play electric guitar (G&L ASAT Classic and Epiphone Broadway) and they don't work well (IMHO) with the Cub 100. If you're not to particular, I guess you could get by with it.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:28 PM

I have an Ultrasound and thought that wasn't loud enough. Everyone raves about the tone though. I bought the Fishman Loudbox 100 and it is louder and I like the sound, though some think it is sterile compared to the Ultrasound. From the one opinion here the ZT Lunchbox Acoustic maybe louder than the Fishman, but get even further away from good acoustic sound. I don't need it anyway, but do want to try it. A friend uses it with her flute and she likes it. I might be travelling to her city for work so if that happens I'll be sure to test it out.

If you play an electric through an acoustic amp it will work if you have an amp modeler in front of it, straight in with just FX pedals isn't going to work. I've played a POD X3 through my Fishman Loudbox with no problem.

Martin 00-18V (sitka/hog) Taylor GCce 12-fret LTD (all koa) Gibson Keb Mo (adi/hog) Cervantes Crossover I (cedar/pe) Breedlove Oregon Parlor LTD (all myrtle) Journey OF-660 (carbon fiber) Radial ToneBone PZ-Pre TC Helicon Play Acoustic Singular Sound Beat Buddy HK Audio Lucas Nano 608i Bose S1 Pro

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification