The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 09-22-2019, 02:19 PM
Charter Member

I have a Yamaha SA2200 which is very closely copied from the 335. I think that instrument and that style are awesome. They do great tones from open airy jazz and blues through to overdriven rock.
They have a solid center block for great sustain and either a 15 or 16" lower bout can't remember which.

They are a big heavy powerful guitar.

That is both a good thing and their downside. Particularly the heavy part. If you look into some of the seventy sevens and some of the nicer Collings i35 and a few others they can get a bit lighter.

I also find the fretboard is closer to acoustic than many electrics. (wider string spacing not as heavily radiuses)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwired View Post
I was thinking of simply getting an ES335 type, tuning it to open G and doing some stones and george thoroughgood. I can do it during one set (like an acoustic set and a set with the ES335). I say es335 because that TYPE of semi hollow electric has a little more body doesn't it? VS using my Telecaster?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars