The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 03-10-2011, 03:34 PM

Default Godin's new multiac guitars

I spent some time with the new encore model of multiac. I currently have a Multiac Nylon SA, but I wondered how the new encores would measure up. They look very similar from a distance, but the similarities are quite few. The encore is much lighter. It's body is quite a bit thinner (much less wood). The finish is satin not gloss. The pickup is probably analog and has a common saddle, which is possibly bone or fake bone. The top looks like cedar.
The neck seemed a little more "electric like" than mine, but I think it still has a 1 7/8 inch nut.
I would say that Godin is pursuing it's "least dollars for the most guitar" business model. It plays very well with lots of "unplugged" volume for its size. Considering that is is almost half the price of a multiac nylon SA (or ambiance).. It's a nice guitar.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical