The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 03-02-2011, 01:27 AM

Default Corboda 45fp just got it!!!!!

I finally got my new 45fp today, it came in two boxes in side of a humicase protege hardshell case. I noticed the year produce was 2006 made by hand in spain. Another thing I noticed was that there is no truss rod and the internal bracing is not sloted are these terrible things?? Thoughts please. Oh and it has peg tuners and I love them, gives the guitar a real andalusian feel
Old 03-02-2011, 06:15 AM

Enjoy your new guitar. Share some pics if you can.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:23 AM

Location: New Zealand, South Island, way down toward the bottom!

Spanish guitars only have truss rods in very rare cases. The theory is that the lower tension of the nylon strings places less strain on the neck, so the wood (usually with an ebony inlay) can maintain proper relief without any metal assistance. I don't know about the bracing.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:53 AM

Congratulations. I'm sure that everything about the guitar is just as it should be.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:45 AM

Default 45fp

Thanks everyone I have heard people saying that having a truss rod will make for a thinner neck?which traditional built classical and flamenco guitars have a thicker neck thus easing what stress the strings apply? Would that be right? And how do we post pictures
Old 03-02-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spainguit86 View Post
Thanks everyone I have heard people saying that having a truss rod will make for a thinner neck?which traditional built classical and flamenco guitars have a thicker neck thus easing what stress the strings apply? Would that be right? And how do we post pictures
This is correct, it is possible to build a thinner neck with a truss rod, still, traditionally nylon string guitar do not have truss rods. Congrats on the new Cordoba.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spainguit86 View Post
This is mostly true. Also, of course, a classical guitar neck is traditionally wider than a steel string guitar.

To posts pics you need to join a web file hosting site, upload pics and then post a link.

www.photobucket.com is good.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:52 AM

Default Photos

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...r/IMAG0052.jpg http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...r/IMAG0046.jpg http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...r/IMAG0045.jpg
Old 03-03-2011, 08:09 AM
Charter Member

Very nice, congratulations! I'm thinking very seriously about picking up a peghead blanca myself.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:30 PM

Default Blanca

Very nice, congratulations! I'm thinking very seriously about picking up a peghead blanca myself.
Yeah ryan thank you in my opinion its very traditional with the spruce to and peg head, I just enjoy looking at it, smelling it, just taking out all in as well as playing it. Highly recommend it!!!!!!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical