The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 02-20-2011, 04:00 AM

Cool NGD - Taylor NS32ce & Fishman LB Mini

After a long time away from playing anything acoustic or classical, I finally realized what I was missing. I took a long, hard and honest look on my playing (ie, hobby) and what kind of guitar I really love the most. What kind inspires me the most and takes me back to the original reason I ever wanted to pick up a guitar in the first place (ie, just joy and relaxation). So, the journey began to every Website and local Store to find the one that would accomplish this. The answer: Taylor NS32ce and a Fishman LB Mini!

Without boring you with all the details as to how I came to choose the Taylor, let me just say that it has a sweet voice, is incredibly easy to play; it inspires me to play and when I do I feel joy and relaxed. That's good medicine!

VtG
Old 02-20-2011, 04:17 AM

Know what you mean....there is nothing like the sound from my Taylor NS24ce through my old 1970 Fender Bronco tube amp...I play it several times a week and smile

2010 Simon Fay German Spruce/ EIR OM
2010 Taylor NS24ce Nylon
2006 Cordoba 55R Nylon
2008 Takamine Nylon Crossover TC135SC
1978 Takamine Nylon C128
2006 Miranda Nylon (My Motorcycle Guitar)
1973 Guild G37 Sitka/Maple
Old 02-20-2011, 08:33 AM

Congratulations. Nothing like getting down to the purity and simplistic joy of our basic comforts and needs.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:10 AM
Charter Member

Congratulations! I remember we both like acoustic/electric nylon string guitars. I hope this is THE one for you. Enjoy!
Old 02-20-2011, 06:19 PM

Cool

I tried to hold out for one just like the Carvin that I got from you, but none were available. I deeply regret getting rid of that Carvin guitar. It played, felt and sounded just right for an old Strat Guy. I tried to have patients to find another one, but the only one I could find was Flamed Mapel from the Factory and I wanted Cedar. However, this Taylor is a wonderful instrument and I am going to enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewyatt View Post
Congratulations! I remember we both like acoustic/electric nylon string guitars. I hope this is THE one for you. Enjoy!

Last edited by VintageToneGuy; 02-21-2011 at 08:24 AM.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageToneGuy View Post
After a long time away from playing anything acoustic or classical, I finally realized what I was missing. I took a long, hard and honest look on my playing (ie, hobby) and what kind of guitar I really love the most. What kind inspires me the most and takes me back to the original reason I ever wanted to pick up a guitar in the first place (ie, just joy and relaxation). So, the journey began to every Website and local Store to find the one that would accomplish this. The answer: Taylor NS32ce and a Fishman LB Mini!

Without boring you with all the details as to how I came to choose the Taylor, let me just say that it has a sweet voice, is incredibly easy to play; it inspires me to play and when I do I feel joy and relaxed. That's good medicine!

VtG
Congratulations.

I have an NS32ce and last week played it through my buddies new Fishman Loudbox Mini, which at that price point is an absolutely FANTASTIC amp.

Sound was SO GOOD it convinced me it was time to replace my single cone Crate 30D acoustic amp, so I headed off to GC to get their last one, on sale.

Unfortunately, well in truth, fortunately for me, they had the Fishman tri-amped 130W performer set up in the high end acoustic room.

And as fate would have it, it was ALSO the last one they had and the sound was SO incredible, and the sale price SO good, well.... You know.

The Fishman Amps are an exceptional value, on sale at least.

Actually, the mini at street price is a great value, but at the sale price was a no brained.

The Performer, while more expensive than I had intended to spend, was such a stupidly good price and such a fantastic sound, I HAD to !

They also had the Bose L1, which I A/B'd against the Performer, and it wasn't even close. The guy in the room looked up at the first couple chords o. The Fishman, after listening to the Bose, and he just looked at me, and I net looked at him and after about 10 seconds he just said "wow", to which I eloquently replied "yeah.....wow".

Out came the wallet.

Can't recommend either Fishman strongly enough.

McPherson 4.5W RW/ZI
Taylor 812ce - Taylor 514ce - NS32-ce
Adamas W-597, Epi John Lee Hooker Sig #23 of 220, Squire Black Strat
Jay Turser Maple OM
Taylor W14ce / 422-R Babies x 3
Fishman 130W Tri-Amped Performer Acoustic Amp
Old 02-26-2011, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageToneGuy View Post
After a long time away from playing anything acoustic or classical......The answer: Taylor NS32ce and a Fishman LB Mini

VtG
Good medicine indeed. The Taylor NS32ce through the Fishman Mini is sonic bliss. I know exactly what you mean!

McPherson 4.5W RW/ZI
Taylor 812ce - Taylor 514ce - NS32-ce
Adamas W-597, Epi John Lee Hooker Sig #23 of 220, Squire Black Strat
Jay Turser Maple OM
Taylor W14ce / 422-R Babies x 3
Fishman 130W Tri-Amped Performer Acoustic Amp
Old 02-26-2011, 01:31 PM
Charter Member

Hi VTG,

Congrats on the new guitar!

- Glenn

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical