The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-25-2020, 03:10 PM

Default Fishman Loudbox 100 Problem

I love this amp and use it as a stage monitor, It sounds awesome as a slide guitar amp, but the microphone channel seems to have gone out. With a dynamic mike in channel 2, I get no sound. With a guitar in channel 2, I get nothing. With a condenser mike and the phantom power on I get some vocal, but not anywhere near the volume it used to have. Does it sound like the pre-amp on the channel has gone bad? I have built amp kits in the past, so am handy with a soldering iron, but wonder if I'm on the right track. I asked Fishman to point me in the right direction, but haven't heard from them yet. Thanks.
Old 01-25-2020, 03:13 PM

Default Fishman Loudbox 100

I forgot to mention that the dynamic microphone XLR DI output to a separate amp works fine. The problem is I don't get any vocals from it back at me on stage.
Old 01-25-2020, 03:18 PM

I had the same thing happen to my Loudbox 100 this past year. I took it to a local tech I trust and he fixed it for basically a bench fee. I don't know what he did, but he did state that he needed to get schematics from Fishman because it wasn't an intuitive fix.

I searched around quite a bit before taking it in and couldn't find a common issue, and there wasn't anything obvious like a visibly burnt resistor or the like.

-Douglas C.
Old 01-25-2020, 07:45 PM
Charter Member

I sent the power head from an LB Mini to Fishman for a repair of the same issue. I didn't see anything obviously wrong with it when I removed the power head. They did it for a flat $50 fee, plus shipping on me both ways.

A lot of folks rave about the good customer service from Fishman, I found getting any info/update from them lacking. They told me it would take about a week for the repair - it took over 3 weeks. When they sent it back to me, it was by the slowest shipping at a price much higher than the Priority Mail USPS that got it to them in two days. It was a couple days after they received it that it was checked in.

I thought the $50 flat fee was reasonable, but everything else about that experience was so-so.

When I checked into it, having one channel crap out seemed to not be a rare occurrence.
Old 01-25-2020, 08:11 PM

Contact Fishman great customer service.

"If you try to play like someone else, Who will play like you". Quote from Johnny Gimble

The only musician I have to impress today is the musician I was yesterday.

No tubes, No capos, No Problems.
Old 01-25-2020, 08:54 PM

I should probably clarify my previous comment - it seems the issue wasn't rare, but I didn't find a common cause or repair that I could try.

- Douglas C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
I sent the power head from an LB Mini to Fishman for a repair of the same issue. I didn't see anything obviously wrong with it when I removed the power head. They did it for a flat $50 fee, plus shipping on me both ways.

A lot of folks rave about the good customer service from Fishman, I found getting any info/update from them lacking. They told me it would take about a week for the repair - it took over 3 weeks. When they sent it back to me, it was by the slowest shipping at a price much higher than the Priority Mail USPS that got it to them in two days. It was a couple days after they received it that it was checked in.

I thought the $50 flat fee was reasonable, but everything else about that experience was so-so.

When I checked into it, having one channel crap out seemed to not be a rare occurrence.
Old 01-25-2020, 10:26 PM

Default Fishman Loudbox 100 Problem

I sent an out of warranty Loudbox Performer to Fishman with an intermittent problem. They could not reproduce the problem and they sent me a NEW amp. I only paid shipping. Phenomenal Customer Service!
Emerald X20
Rainsong H-OM1000N2
Voyage-Air VAD-04
Custom Les Paul
Hot Rod Deville 410, Fishman Loudbox Performer
Old 01-25-2020, 10:50 PM
Charter Member

Get a can of Deoxit2 and clean all the Jack's, especially the effect send/return Jack's

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
acoustic-electric amp, vocal channel problem