The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-22-2020, 05:03 PM
Charter Member

Default Onsong and other similar iPad apps

Hi,

I currently have my homemade "sheet music" compiled into a single WORD doc (it has hundreds of sheets in the doc), which I have also printed and plastic comb "bound" in a songbook. If I wanted to upload all my songs to an iPad, would it be as easy as uploading my 1 WORD file or would I need to do so one song at a time ? THANKS!
Old 01-22-2020, 07:30 PM
Charter Member

I downloaded a scanner pro app for the iPad, I scanned all my paper music into the app, exported it into iCloud folder (for permanent cloud storage) and imported it into onsong. Super easy
2017 Taylor 714ce
Old 01-23-2020, 09:43 AM

It's more than that. You'd have to separate each song and save as ASCII text (not Word format). Depending on how you noted chords on you chart you might have to make them Chordpro compatible (there are markup codes). A lot of editing, I'd think. I use Songbook Chordpro, and do my editing on the iMac, transferring to my iPad when done.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wguitar View Post
Hi,

I currently have my homemade "sheet music" compiled into a single WORD doc (it has hundreds of sheets in the doc), which I have also printed and plastic comb "bound" in a songbook. If I wanted to upload all my songs to an iPad, would it be as easy as uploading my 1 WORD file or would I need to do so one song at a time ? THANKS!
Sure you can. Just understand that you'll need an app that can read the file and that it's STILL just going to be one giant multipage file of unindexed songs the same as your Word doc was.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:58 PM

I use an app called unrealBook. Love it. I edit songs in Google Docs and can “Open” them in unrealBook. Once there you easily make and edit and share set lists. Connects to a BT pedal for easy age turning. Biggest change in my ability to learn new songs ever. I have over 100 in it that I can easily review and play.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic