The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 01-28-2021, 03:55 PM

Default Roderich Paesold & Harmony?

I have an old Roderich Paesold P90 guitar, made in Holland, that's been under my bed for ages. I'm not a classical guitar guy, so I don't know anything about it. It appears to be in perfect shape. Anyone have any idea if this guitar has any value?
I also have a 60's vintage Harmony made in USA classical that is in nice shape. Any value to this?
Old 01-29-2021, 08:40 AM
Charter Member

Hey Doug,
What model is the Harmony? There is usually a model number on the small, gold oval label seen through the sound hole. These guitars can usually be purchased for a couple hundred dollars but it is very common for them to need a neck reset which costs more then the instrument is worth.
I’m not familiar with the Paesold brand.
Old 01-29-2021, 08:44 AM
Charter Member

Here’s some info on the Paesold- made by the now defunct Dutch company Egmont. Apparently they can be acquired for a couple hundred dollars as well.

http://www.guitarsite.com/hotlicks/about4002.html
Old 01-29-2021, 12:01 PM

Thanks for the feedback!
The Harmony has a '175' stamped on the oval label, and 'F-67' & 'S-72' stamped on the bare wood next to the label. To me the neck seems fine.
Old 01-29-2021, 03:09 PM
Charter Member

There was a very thorough database at harmony.demont.net but that site is down. Perhaps it will be functional at some point in the near future.
The more common classical models were the 172,173&174. These models were spruce over mahogany, if I remember correctly. The 175 may have had maple back and sides. I believe the 175 and 177 both have actual wooden rosettes as opposed to the stickers used on the others. These were their better models.
Hope that helps.
Old 01-29-2021, 10:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdnh View Post
Thanks for the feedback!
The Harmony has a '175' stamped on the oval label, and 'F-67' & 'S-72' stamped on the bare wood next to the label. To me the neck seems fine.

The F-67 usually designated when the guitar was made( Fall of 67). Who can say why Spring of 72 was also stamped in the guitar? That’s odd.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical