The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 06-06-2020, 10:51 PM

Default Doff Guitars anyone?

Hi Guys
Just discovered this Russian company recently, I checked out their website which looks impressive and very professional, they also sell on Ebay and have a few video's on Youtube. The Guitars look and sound very nice, but the amazing thing is they are ALL made with solid woods at a very low price!
Has anyone brought one of these before as I'm very tempted and would love to find out more?
Thanks.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:30 PM

Bare bones, but cleanly made. Inexpensive enough that I bought two steel 7-strings to judge the quality, one a full body, the other a Venetian cutaway. The cutaway I passed along, didn't have as great of a sound as the full body - clean, full. Doff shipped fast and had good packaging.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:38 PM

Hi, Thanks for the reply.
The fact that they only make all solid Guitars really caught me eye!
I mean, most £500 plus Guitars that are 'decent' can have laminate backs.
The one I'm looking into is the Classical 011C Six string, VERY tempted, its £200! My all solid wood La Patrie was Four times that price.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:49 AM

I found that the tuners are no more than adequate. I wanted to upgrade them, but the string shafts are longer (quite a gap in the open headstocks) than what I was able to find online. I don't know if that is the case with the classical. Overall, I think Doff knows their business.
Old 06-07-2020, 07:13 AM

Funny you should mention the Tuners, a Guy who has tested a few of the models said exactly the same as you, in fact, this was his main criticism.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical