The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-29-2016, 09:09 AM

Default Rainsong OM1000N2 tobacco sunburst - any info?

All,

First post here, but I've been reading for a few days. Thank you all for sharing your knowledge.

I am looking for information on a Rainsong guitar. The model is OM1000N2 but this specific guitar has a tobacco sunburst design. I just placed an order for one that was on Guitar Center:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Rai...tric-Guitar.gc

I can't find any info on this specific variation. I have seen some models like that advertised as OM1000N2T, but I am not sure when it was produced, etc.

Many thanks,

Joss
Old 10-29-2016, 09:51 AM

What in particular are you looking to know? I have a RainSong but wouldn't call myself an expert on them. I believe that:

OM = OM body size (similar to Taylor Grand Concert)
1000N2 = 14-fret N2 neck (the newer one; some people find it a little chunky)
T = Tobacco burst finish

What seems to be missing is the type of construction, which should appear before the "OM" as part of the model number. Mine, for example, is a "CO-OM1100NS." The "CO-" means mine is the Concert model, with the unidirectional top.

Judging by the shark inlays and abalone rosette, I'm guessing yours is probably a Concert or Classic series. But if you email Dave at RainSong with the serial number, he should be able to tell you all about it.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-29-2016, 02:53 PM
Guest 928

Joss;

I am fairly new to Rainsong and cannot provide the information you need. I did however go and take a look at the guitar you mention and I think that it is beautiful and a good value at the price. I hope it turns out right for you. Enjoy.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:44 PM

Thank you both. I will see when it arrives, on Wednesday...
Old 10-29-2016, 06:10 PM

The OM at 4.1" is a bit shallower than the WS (5") that I own, but the same shape. It is also just a bit narrower at the lower bout by 1/2". It will not be quite as bold in sound, but will be a little more comfortable to hold and play. An acquaintance brought one on trial and demo'ed both at my house several years ago. She liked both, but chose to keep the more comfy OM.

I prefer the visible carbon fiber fabric, but that two tone burst is pretty. Enjoy!

Last edited by Earl49; 10-29-2016 at 06:15 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber