The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 09-01-2016, 02:00 PM

Default question fingerposition

Hello,

I am learning a new piece called "Rumores de la caleta" form Isaac Albéniz, but I have a problem with fingerpositioning.
On the site songsterr.com you can find the piece. It is measure 75 were I don't know how to place my finger on the 7th position and still holding a barré on 3th postion.
Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks
Old 09-01-2016, 02:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
It is measure 75 were I don't know how to place my finger on the 7th position and still holding a barré on 3th postion.
Can anyone help me with this?
It is possible to do, but it does require a pretty good stretch. Assuming the notes are correct, the best way is to bar the 3rd and use your 2nd and 3rd finger to fret the C and E notes (at the 5th fret )resp., leaving the pinky floating to go grab the E note. Something like this: (sorry for the pic. Could have used more light, but you get the gist of it hopefully)

Golf is pretty simple. It's just not that easy.
- Paul Azinger

"It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so."
– Mark Twain

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gitfiddlemann
Old 09-01-2016, 02:39 PM

I would probably finger as Songsterr has it, but it's sometimes helpful to look for alternate note locations. The E at the 7th fret of the 5th string can be found at the 2nd fret of the 4th string, for example.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:47 PM

I would never be able to make that stretch, I would have to find alternate note positions too.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical