The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old 03-29-2021, 01:25 PM
Dru Edwards Dru Edwards is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 38,537
Default

That looks like the Calgary Saddledome, where the Calgary Flames play. Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil View Post
The PO starts in a couple of weeks i hope. Just like NHL nothing has gone as planned in terms of games.
Usually i go to games but this season no crowd is allowed. Last year they closed the POís just before it was to start.


Hereís the home arena. Itís not that big (12044 seats). It lightís up when Frolunda are in the lead during the game so that people who couldnt get any tickets can keep track from the outside






And hereís our Captain. He did a couple of years in Dallas.
Anyone able to spot who his twin brother is?
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 03-29-2021, 01:39 PM
Emil Emil is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Gothenburg Sweden
Posts: 493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
That looks like the Calgary Saddledome, where the Calgary Flames play. Cool
Yes, in some ways it reminds a bit of Flames arena.
And, the Captainís name is Joel, Henrik Lundqvist twin brother.
__________________
Just a dumb swede
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 03-31-2021, 06:13 AM
Emil Emil is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Gothenburg Sweden
Posts: 493
Default

Itís hard not to love what Kevin Lankinen is doing in the net for the Blackhawks.

And also - Florida keeping up even after having so many key players out of the lineup.

Part from Tampa, Vegas, Colorado and possibly Toronto this year is full of surprises.
__________________
Just a dumb swede
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 04-01-2021, 06:36 AM
Dru Edwards Dru Edwards is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 38,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil View Post
Itís hard not to love what Kevin Lankinen is doing in the net for the Blackhawks.

And also - Florida keeping up even after having so many key players out of the lineup.

Part from Tampa, Vegas, Colorado and possibly Toronto this year is full of surprises.
Colorado - how about Grubauer in nets? It was a two man Vezina race between Fleury and Vasilevskiy and now Brubauer is all lone #1 in wins, GAA, and shutouts. Both Tampa Bay and Colorado have 50 points too.

Buffalo wins! Breaks 18 game winless streak.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 04-01-2021, 09:59 AM
Emil Emil is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Gothenburg Sweden
Posts: 493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Colorado - how about Grubauer in nets? It was a two man Vezina race between Fleury and Vasilevskiy and now Brubauer is all lone #1 in wins, GAA, and shutouts. Both Tampa Bay and Colorado have 50 points too.

Buffalo wins! Breaks 18 game winless streak.
I fully agree!
Wonder if the Avs will go for one additional goalie since both of them has a tendency to get injured.
I saw that they got Jonas from the Sabres but i really don see him as a possible third starter.
__________________
Just a dumb swede
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 04-08-2021, 03:17 PM
Dru Edwards Dru Edwards is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 38,537
Default

What headlines are grabbing you this week?

McDavid is amazing. I hope Edmonton makes the playoffs just so we see McDavid on the big stage.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 04-08-2021, 10:43 PM
Emil Emil is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Gothenburg Sweden
Posts: 493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
What headlines are grabbing you this week?

McDavid is amazing. I hope Edmonton makes the playoffs just so we see McDavid on the big stage.
I fully agree!

I never thought i would say this but iíll keep watching Panthers games. I think they play really smart and fun to watch hockey this year.

Also possible trades. So many dimensions to keep in mind with not only low caphit but also the expansion draft.
__________________
Just a dumb swede
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 04-09-2021, 01:14 PM
Dru Edwards Dru Edwards is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 38,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil View Post
I fully agree!

I never thought i would say this but iíll keep watching Panthers games. I think they play really smart and fun to watch hockey this year.

Also possible trades. So many dimensions to keep in mind with not only low caphit but also the expansion draft.
Yea, Florida has 56 points, 1 point behind Toronto and Carolina for the overall points lead.

Marchand had another shorthanded goal last night. That's a couple over his last 3-4 games and he leads the league with 5 shorthanded points (3g 2a).

Still waiting for the Taylor Hall trade.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 04-09-2021, 01:29 PM
Emil Emil is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Gothenburg Sweden
Posts: 493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Yea, Florida has 56 points, 1 point behind Toronto and Carolina for the overall points lead.

Marchand had another shorthanded goal last night. That's a couple over his last 3-4 games and he leads the league with 5 shorthanded points (3g 2a).

Still waiting for the Taylor Hall trade.
Yes, theíve played great so far and so has The Canes. Cant figure out how good Toronto really are. I would like to see them play against teams like Bruins, Bolts or maybe Islanders.

Who do you think would rolle the dice on Hall?
Im hoping to see Getzlaf as a third center in Colorado.
And i think Jarnkrok could be a good match in a second or third line in Pittsburg.
__________________
Just a dumb swede
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 04-09-2021, 01:57 PM
Dru Edwards Dru Edwards is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 38,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil View Post
Yes, theíve played great so far and so has The Canes. Cant figure out how good Toronto really are. I would like to see them play against teams like Bruins, Bolts or maybe Islanders.

Who do you think would rolle the dice on Hall?
Im hoping to see Getzlaf as a third center in Colorado.
And i think Jarnkrok could be a good match in a second or third line in Pittsburg.
That's what I heard on talk radio yesterday - it's difficult to judge how good Toronto is because they're playing in what is considered a weak division. I mean Edmonton won all 9 games this season against Ottawa! That's 18 points for them. Edmonton and Toronto have look great but they've beat up on poor teams whereas Boston/Pittsburgh/Washington/Islanders have had to play each other.

I don't know who will pick up Hall. I read that the Islanders, Bruins, and Panthers might be interested if the Sabres pick up some of his remaining salary (1 year contract). He's a great player but never got much support from his team.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Thread Tools





All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=