The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 03-29-2021, 01:25 PM

That looks like the Calgary Saddledome, where the Calgary Flames play. Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil View Post
The PO starts in a couple of weeks i hope. Just like NHL nothing has gone as planned in terms of games.
Usually i go to games but this season no crowd is allowed. Last year they closed the PO’s just before it was to start.

Here’s the home arena. It’s not that big (12044 seats). It light’s up when Frolunda are in the lead during the game so that people who couldnt get any tickets can keep track from the outside

And here’s our Captain. He did a couple of years in Dallas.
Anyone able to spot who his twin brother is?
Old 03-29-2021, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
That looks like the Calgary Saddledome, where the Calgary Flames play. Cool
Yes, in some ways it reminds a bit of Flames arena.
And, the Captain’s name is Joel, Henrik Lundqvist twin brother.
Old 03-31-2021, 06:13 AM

It’s hard not to love what Kevin Lankinen is doing in the net for the Blackhawks.

And also - Florida keeping up even after having so many key players out of the lineup.

Part from Tampa, Vegas, Colorado and possibly Toronto this year is full of surprises.
Old 04-01-2021, 06:36 AM

Quote:
It’s hard not to love what Kevin Lankinen is doing in the net for the Blackhawks.

And also - Florida keeping up even after having so many key players out of the lineup.

Part from Tampa, Vegas, Colorado and possibly Toronto this year is full of surprises.
Colorado - how about Grubauer in nets? It was a two man Vezina race between Fleury and Vasilevskiy and now Brubauer is all lone #1 in wins, GAA, and shutouts. Both Tampa Bay and Colorado have 50 points too.

Buffalo wins! Breaks 18 game winless streak.
Old 04-01-2021, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Colorado - how about Grubauer in nets? It was a two man Vezina race between Fleury and Vasilevskiy and now Brubauer is all lone #1 in wins, GAA, and shutouts. Both Tampa Bay and Colorado have 50 points too.

Buffalo wins! Breaks 18 game winless streak.
I fully agree!
Wonder if the Avs will go for one additional goalie since both of them has a tendency to get injured.
I saw that they got Jonas from the Sabres but i really don see him as a possible third starter.
Old 04-08-2021, 03:17 PM

What headlines are grabbing you this week?

McDavid is amazing. I hope Edmonton makes the playoffs just so we see McDavid on the big stage.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:43 PM

Quote:
What headlines are grabbing you this week?

McDavid is amazing. I hope Edmonton makes the playoffs just so we see McDavid on the big stage.
I fully agree!

I never thought i would say this but i’ll keep watching Panthers games. I think they play really smart and fun to watch hockey this year.

Also possible trades. So many dimensions to keep in mind with not only low caphit but also the expansion draft.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:14 PM

Quote:
I fully agree!

I never thought i would say this but i’ll keep watching Panthers games. I think they play really smart and fun to watch hockey this year.

Also possible trades. So many dimensions to keep in mind with not only low caphit but also the expansion draft.
Yea, Florida has 56 points, 1 point behind Toronto and Carolina for the overall points lead.

Marchand had another shorthanded goal last night. That's a couple over his last 3-4 games and he leads the league with 5 shorthanded points (3g 2a).

Still waiting for the Taylor Hall trade.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Yea, Florida has 56 points, 1 point behind Toronto and Carolina for the overall points lead.

Marchand had another shorthanded goal last night. That's a couple over his last 3-4 games and he leads the league with 5 shorthanded points (3g 2a).

Still waiting for the Taylor Hall trade.
Yes, the’ve played great so far and so has The Canes. Cant figure out how good Toronto really are. I would like to see them play against teams like Bruins, Bolts or maybe Islanders.

Who do you think would rolle the dice on Hall?
Im hoping to see Getzlaf as a third center in Colorado.
And i think Jarnkrok could be a good match in a second or third line in Pittsburg.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Yes, the’ve played great so far and so has The Canes. Cant figure out how good Toronto really are. I would like to see them play against teams like Bruins, Bolts or maybe Islanders.

Who do you think would rolle the dice on Hall?
Im hoping to see Getzlaf as a third center in Colorado.
And i think Jarnkrok could be a good match in a second or third line in Pittsburg.
That's what I heard on talk radio yesterday - it's difficult to judge how good Toronto is because they're playing in what is considered a weak division. I mean Edmonton won all 9 games this season against Ottawa! That's 18 points for them. Edmonton and Toronto have look great but they've beat up on poor teams whereas Boston/Pittsburgh/Washington/Islanders have had to play each other.

I don't know who will pick up Hall. I read that the Islanders, Bruins, and Panthers might be interested if the Sabres pick up some of his remaining salary (1 year contract). He's a great player but never got much support from his team.
Old 04-16-2021, 03:24 PM

Fleury is now #4 on career wins list! Exciting. He's just 4 wins from tying #3 (Luongo). Happy for him. One of the nicer guys in the NHL.

What's peaking your interest in the NHL these days?
Old 04-17-2021, 02:06 PM

Dru: Upcoming playoffs!!
Old 04-18-2021, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkristians View Post
Dru: Upcoming playoffs!!
Hey Larry, can't wait. The Rangers are putting the pressure on the Bruins and the Flyers have dropped back.

Congrats to Patrick Marleau for tying Gordie Howe's NHL record for games played at 1,767! Going for the record in Vegas tomorrow.

Marleau also has played in 897 consecutive games, 4th most all time. If he plays next season he could set the record. Phil Kessel is only 9 games back of Marleau and Keith Yandle is 13 games up.
Old 04-18-2021, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Hey Larry, can't wait. The Rangers are putting the pressure on the Bruins and the Flyers have dropped back.

Congrats to Patrick Marleau for tying Gordie Howe's NHL record for games played at 1,767! Going for the record in Vegas tomorrow.

Marleau also has played in 897 consecutive games, 4th most all time. If he plays next season he could set the record. Phil Kessel is only 9 games back of Marleau and Keith Yandle is 13 games up.
Kudos to Marleau!! I never thought anyone would break Gordie's record.

Those young players on the Rangers are starting to show what they're capable of now that they've got a little more experience under their belts. They're gonna be a spoiler down the stretch, and might sneak into a playoff spot if one of the Caps, Pens, Isles or Bruins hits a rough patch. I'm glad the Pens have no more games left with them!

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-18-2021, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Kudos to Marleau!! I never thought anyone would break Gordie's record.

Those young players on the Rangers are starting to show what they're capable of now that they've got a little more experience under their belts. They're gonna be a spoiler down the stretch, and might sneak into a playoff spot if one of the Caps, Pens, Isles or Bruins hits a rough patch. I'm glad the Pens have no more games left with them!
Hey Cat, I just checked the schedule. The Bruins have 14 games left, 5 against Buffalo and 2 against the Rangers. Hopefully the Bruins play those Sabres games with the same intensity as all their other games so they can move up the standings.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic