The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 06-26-2016, 11:12 PM

Steve...You are the master of the masters. I cannot find words to describe how your creations make me feel. I can only imagine how they sound but maybe someday we can work it out so I can hold one and soak in its tone. This is lutherie at its finest. Gold medal. Brass ring. Highest of the most high in guitar design and build. Hope you can find the time to keep this up, for our sake out here.
Alvarez
Fender Strat '69
Gibson 1942 Banner LG-2 Vintage Sunburst
Gibson SJ-200
Taylor Myrtlewood 12 string
Emerald X20
Godin Montreal w/piezo
Old 06-27-2016, 09:23 AM
Charter Member

That guitar is just ridiculous in the very best possible ways!! Top to bottom, the details are simply amazing! Steve, that is a masterful display of lutherie talent.

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 06-27-2016, 10:50 PM
AGF Sponsor

I had the privilege to see this guitar in person a couple of weeks ago, when I visited with Steve...and, believe it or not, the pictures here, as beautiful as they are, simply don't do justice to this instrument. She sounds every bit as wonderful as she looks, too...with a voice that one wouldn't expect from such a small-bodied guitar. I had previously played Steve's "Midnight Falcon," which is this size, but having Ebony back and sides...and the voices which Steve is coaxing from within these little guitars is astounding. I'm totally sold on these comfortable little guit-fiddles!!!

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.
0000/Auditorium, Sitka/Indonesian RW

‘93 Taylor 712 (I spent 20 years trying to convince the owner to sell me this guitar)

‘95 Taylor Limited Edition GAWS (I traded my Gibson J-200 for this guitar in ‘95)

TWO HANDS GUITARS
Old 06-28-2016, 06:49 AM

WHOA.

I did not read everything (I like pictures), but was this built specifically for someone? That guitar is stunning.

I presume that is bearclaw spruce... it is just amazing. My lord this guitar is pretty.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:26 AM
AGF Sponsor

I'm happy to report that the Siren has found a good home with a great guy named Dave, up in Michigan. It arrived at his office yesterday, and he sent an email later, saying in all caps, "THANK YOU FOR A WORLD CLASS GUITAR!"

Heheheh! I love when that happens!
Dave has decided to have a custom Hoffee case built for the Siren; he's also opted for the wild "Jackson Pollock" finish that Jeff Hoffee does so well. I will try to update this thread later on, when the case is delivered.
Thanks for all the kind comments, everyone.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:35 PM
Charter Member

Default #100

Hi Steve,

Beautiful work!!!

I want to throw my name in the hat for #200.

By the way, I'm playing my Edwinson almost exclusively, to the chagrin of my other guitars.
Jim Gager

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop