The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 05-05-2021, 02:18 PM

Default I need a better class of Brother...

Old 05-05-2021, 02:37 PM

Maybe your brother feels the same.....

I have two brothers (and two sisters). They're getting nothing.
Old 05-05-2021, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandobart View Post
Maybe your brother feels the same.....

I have two brothers (and two sisters). They're getting nothing.
Nope. He doesn't think about me at all!
Old 05-05-2021, 04:32 PM

‘Yo Adrian......

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 05-06-2021, 05:06 AM

Not me! My oldest brother (My Dad died when when I was 1 years old), now gone, will always be the best brother one could ever have had. Hunting, guns, fishing, camping, cars, boating all of which he shared with me without boundaries. He loved music (Traded me a cherry 1958 Fender Strat for a wood stove) and the "social life" for want of a better word---and to top it all off he was a BEER/WINE DISTRIBUTOR (Budweiser-Christian Brothers)! Always supported and encouraged me and liked my friends. I cried like a baby at his funeral and miss him everyday!

Fog

P.S. Like a fool, I sold the Strat and have regretted it ever since!
Old 05-06-2021, 06:58 AM
Guitar Gourmet

We are simpler folks and don't exchange vintage guitars but my big brother has probably been my my biggest prod along the path of guitar for fifty years. He doesn't play but loves guitar. He bought me my first albums to learn. Any time we talk it eventually turns to music. Like on my birthday he texts: "Hey, Happy Birthday, old man!" After a couple of sentences he is on to, "Btw, I've probably listened to W. Picket's "Hey Jude" 100 times & still don't quite hear what Clapton heard in Duane's lead at the end." (This from a Duane fanatic.) And we are off talking music.

He's a bit of a wandering star but it is comforting to know he is off over the horizon somewhere, ready to talk music.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 05-06-2021, 07:08 AM

My brother is my best friend. He's played bass and guitar since high school, while I'm a new player of 3 years. He sent me a guitar book as a semi joke when I retired, and loaned me a guitar to get started. I'm all in now, 4 guitars and a bass.

We've always been close, but playing music has strengthened that bond.
Old 05-06-2021, 07:25 AM
Guest 33123

Brotherhood can be a mixed bag. My oldest brother is a good guy. We catch up every once in a while and have a good chat and a few laughs. My other brother is a liar and a thief, literally. I haven't heard from him in years since I told him he wouldn't be getting any money out of me. Can't say I'm too upset about it. As my father said, even at 56 now he just never grew up.
Old 05-06-2021, 08:48 AM

We all have different experiences. At the tender age of 9, my 11 year old brother informed me that he would only play board games, which was the only option at the time, if I paid him... Since I wouldn't, we never did again. That set the tone for the next 48 or so years...

I live two states away and go months without thinking about him, really only doing so when we have to do things together for my Mother's taxes...

Don't cry for me Argentina. Other than stealing an 1865 silver dollar from me in about 1975, there really wasn't much trauma.
Old 05-06-2021, 09:57 AM

I have four brothers (and 2 sisters); I'm the oldest of the seven of us. I haven't always been the prototypical "big brother", watching out for and protecting each of them from life's rocky roads, but I did what I could when I could. We all turned out ok, and I like all of my brothers - even though none of the cheap you-know-what ever bought a me a nice guitar.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic