The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-26-2020, 01:07 PM
Charter Member

Default Have you ever...

misplaced something, looked everywhere for it, and then it reappeared when you purchased a replacement? I bought a rather pricy pack of micro mesh from Stew Mac to finish my clear coat repair on my Emerald X20. However, after I'd finished, I found another set of scratches but fortunately no chip in the clear coat. I figured after doing a passable job drop-filling the chips, removing scratches should be a veritable piece of baklava. I looked all over my smallish cabin and couldn't find it anywhere.

Ok, I'm not a great housekeeper, but I was pretty positive as to where I'd put it. But alas, it was not to be found. This time before handing my money over to Stew Mac yet again, I figured I'd let my fingers do some comparison shopping and found the exact same assortment on Amazon for half of StewMac's price. Well, before you could say "Jeff Bezos' phone was hacked" I'd ordered another set. A few minutes later I went to put something away in my cabinet area designated for home repairs and there was the original set from StewMac. Weird......

When my ladyfriend was living with me I could blame her. Now that she's gone, I can only attribute it to mice or the supernatural. No other possible explanation...

Last edited by RP; 01-27-2020 at 07:19 AM.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:34 PM

Ugh, yes! Looking for my cell phone when I realize I am taking on it,
Gamma G-25 Amp (electric)
Old 01-27-2020, 01:27 AM

There was an interesting radio show on Red Ice radio years ago with Tom Campbell (a physicist) and another guest whose name I don't recall. They believe we live in a virtual reality. Your action and intent provide the future. They mentioned a story about leaving keys on a tray on a table inside the front door each time you come home. One morning the keys weren't there. Where could they be? After a full home search the keys appeared. On the tray inside the front door. They attribute it to the fact that the keys were left as usual without intent and out of habit. Without intent the virtual reality program missed it! Then fixed it when your intent was refocused. Interesting. I don't know.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:14 AM
Charter Member

It's the same with pens....,
But here is the truth :

“Somewhere in the cosmos, along with all the planets inhabited by humanoids, reptiloids, fishoids, walking treeoids and superintelligent shades of the color blue, there was also a planet entirely given over to ballpoint life forms. It was to this planet that unattended ballpoints would make their way, slipping quietly through wormholes in space to a world where they could enjoy a uniquely ballpointoid lifestyle, responding to highly ballpoint-oriented stimuli, and generally leading the ballpoint equivalent of the good life.

And as theories go this was all very fine and pleasant until Veet Voojagig suddenly claimed to have found this planet, and to have worked there for a while driving a limousine for a family of cheap green retractables, whereupon he was taken away, locked up, wrote a book and was finally sent into tax exile, which is the usual fate reserved for those who are determined to make fools of themselves in public.”

― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Old 01-27-2020, 06:32 AM

You find this strange?

I thought it was normal.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkomGsMJXH9qn-xLKCv4WOg
Old 01-27-2020, 06:37 AM
Charter Member

I won’t go as far as saying it’s the story of my life but it happens at least once a year. Last time it happened it was my wallet. Looked for a couple days but eventually canceled all my cards and replaced my drivers license. About a week later I found my wallet while playing with the rugrat....in her room, in her box of toys. Hmmmmm
Rainsong H-WS1000N2T
Stonebridge OM33-SR DB
Stonebridge D22-SRA
Tacoma Papoose
Voyage Air VAD-2
1980 Fender Strat
A few Partscaster Strats
MIC 60s Classic Vib Strat
Old 01-27-2020, 06:47 AM
Charter Member

Ten mm sockets...

-Mike
Old 01-27-2020, 07:08 AM

My ex-FIL was the worlds best (worst?) at this! He would buy a tool, battery charger, wrenches, etc. because he couldn't find these in his massive collection. The benefit to me was that when he realized he had 2 or 3 of each item he would give the extras to me. I could always tell when he had misplaced something because he would just show up with a handful of goodies!

David

My Woodworking YouTube channel - David Falkner Woodworking --------------------------------------------
Martin, Gallagher, Guild, Takamine, Falkner
Old 01-27-2020, 07:18 AM

I lost these a while ago which has left me without the sense to know how to replace them so if anyone sees them.............

YouTube
Old 01-27-2020, 07:30 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy the dog View Post
I lost these a while ago which has left me without the sense to know how to replace them so if anyone sees them.............

I think there's a large gathering somewhere but nobody seems to know where that is. Once you've lost them, they seem to stay lost...
Old 01-27-2020, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
I think there's a large gathering somewhere but nobody seems to know where that is. Once you've lost them, they seem to stay lost...
Once you've lost what??????

YouTube
Old 01-27-2020, 11:24 AM

Quote:

You know, *those things*
Old 01-27-2020, 11:35 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
You know, those small round spheres made of glass...
Old 01-27-2020, 07:18 PM

Somewhere there are dozens of baseballs I lost when I was a kid. Many just disappeared when I hit them into bushes.
Old 01-27-2020, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe View Post
There was an interesting radio show on Red Ice radio years ago with Tom Campbell (a physicist) and another guest whose name I don't recall. They believe we live in a virtual reality. Your action and intent provide the future. They mentioned a story about leaving keys on a tray on a table inside the front door each time you come home. One morning the keys weren't there. Where could they be? After a full home search the keys appeared. On the tray inside the front door. They attribute it to the fact that the keys were left as usual without intent and out of habit. Without intent the virtual reality program missed it! Then fixed it when your intent was refocused. Interesting. I don't know.
This Jobe guy is weird.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic