The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-25-2021, 10:33 AM

Default Guitar pick story #83: it takes two

Had a patient this morning that has played guitar for years. When I asked if he had a story, he said not a story really but a thought. He had noticed he was not playing and progressing much since he retired. He said he was having a hard time finding people to play with... to stimulate the guitar interest.
I told him to check on YouTube to see the guys who will teach you how they play songs.
Also I have an online friend and a grandson who exchange videos and audios of songs we have been working on.
How about you guys? Since Covid has hit, it must be hard to get together with your picking buddies.
***What are you doing to keep in touch and work with others on your guitar playing?
Old 02-25-2021, 11:42 AM

When we can, I get together with my mandolin playing friend in the back yard, but we won't do it if there's any chance either of us has been exposed. It's been longer than either if us would like since we've gotten together!

Otherwise I play at a variety of online open mics and "gigs" all over the world. It's something at least, and I've been lucky enough to have made some good friends over the last year that I would have never met without covid. There will definitely be a few road trips once it's safe to travel!

Locally, I haven't seen the guys in my band for a year, which sucks.

I've been playing for 54 years, and have always split my playing time from acoustic to electric, as well as genres. I have spent time during covid learning new songs and rearranging tunes for solo performances. Some of them are a challenge, but it's a ton of fun!

A bunch of stuff...lol
Old 02-25-2021, 11:44 AM

It is hard to keep in touch with our picking buddies right now. We hosted backyard socially distanced guitar and ukulele jams up until the first weekend in November, and will start those up again in about three weeks when it gets warm enough to sit out in the sun again. We're lucky. my wife plays flute to go along with my guitar and voice, so I have a built-in jam partner.

But it has been a LONG winter without jams and live music.....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion