The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 02-22-2021, 09:07 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushwood View Post
Not to record with the in-line mic. I’d just be using the ear-pieces as backup headphones when I do voiceovers or when audio taping some singer-songwriter stuff. The mic is offered as a low cost upgrade option with them. I thought that’d be cool to have on the side as I exercise/walk and have to take a phone call while I’m streaming some music through them. If having the mic interferes with sound quality at all I’d just forget the upgrade mic option and stick with the earbuds/in-ear monitors by their lonesome.
Hi B-wood
I own a pair of MEE in-ear which have two cables. One with and one without a mic.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 02-22-2021, 03:44 PM
Charter Member

Thank you all for your advice. I just wanted some (whatever I get) mainly for having in my pocket for “oddball booth” (possibly car, hotel room at times?) vo/voice-acting backup headphones which I understand isn’t uncommon for that industry depending on the situation. Also, maybe using them at times for some general singer-songwriter recording on the fly. Still planning on getting the KRK KNS8400 headphones for the main recording use at my home studio with either creative application. As suggested, I’ll focus on reviews more than charts and numbers...though I’ll continue enjoy doing that research. Again, I appreciate the input.
Eastman T386SB
Aria Sinsonido AS-100C/SPL (customized to steel string)
Mid 1930’s Kay Kraft Deluxe K2 archtop
Seagull S12 converted to 6 string lap slide
Takamine TF740FS
2008 Pono PGKC (flamed Hawaiian Koa 0 cutaway)

Last edited by Brushwood; 02-23-2021 at 11:37 PM.
Old 03-02-2021, 02:54 PM

The TRRS plug on those headphones often doesn't work properly with the TRS headphone jacks on audio gear. I find this to be very common.

On headphones with removable cables, it is worth getting a replacement cable without a mic and a regular TRS connection.

I've used TRRS to TRS adapters and they can work well but be careful as some of them are not wired correctly for this.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD