The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-21-2021, 10:33 AM

I use my K&K pure minis through a PADI. However, a dozen, or so, years ago, pursuant to a discussion of various impedance, I made a small filter which I use between the K&K and the PADI. This lowers the apparent impedance of the PADI from its normal 10megs to 1meg. This has a small, but beneficial effect on, not volume, but tone. To my ear the filter improves the tone of the Pure Mini.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misifus View Post
I use my K&K pure minis through a PADI. However, a dozen, or so, years ago, pursuant to a discussion of various impedance, I made a small filter which I use between the K&K and the PADI. This lowers the apparent impedance of the PADI from its normal 10megs to 1meg. This has a small, but beneficial effect on, not volume, but tone. To my ear the filter improves the tone of the Pure Mini.
I never used a PADI, do you have a link I can look at?? Sorry I am unfamiliar with this
Old 02-21-2021, 10:58 AM

The K&K Pure Mini has a robust output signal and is NOT "known" for having a low signal output!!!

I've diagnosed low or no output problems for folks who have installed Pure Minis and in every case it's been corrected by re-positioning the inner nut on the output jack assembly to allow the entire jack to be long enough that it clears the outer nut / strap button. After walking the first person through this it is now the first thing I have someone check.

I relate this so if anyone finds their way here trying to figure out why their pickup doesn't work they can have a good idea where a big percentage of self-installs go wrong.

It's probably un-related in this case, but I wanted to dispel the idea that the K&K Pure Mini has a "low output". It's simply not true.
Old 02-21-2021, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
The K&K Pure Mini has a robust output signal and is NOT "known" for having a low signal output!!!

I've diagnosed low or no output problems for folks who have installed Pure Minis and in every case it's been corrected by re-positioning the inner nut on the output jack assembly to allow the entire jack to be long enough that it clears the outer nut / strap button. After walking the first person through this it is now the first thing I have someone check.

I relate this so if anyone finds their way here trying to figure out why their pickup doesn't work they can have a good idea where a big percentage of self-installs go wrong.

It's probably un-related in this case, but I wanted to dispel the idea that the K&K Pure Mini has a "low output". It's simply not true.
Ok. I hear you. The inner nut is as close to the inner body of the guitar with enough thread to put the washer on. I am attaching an image of a recording into Pro Tools. the first image is my Piezo, then I played the same thing exactly same input level with the pure mini through the K&K preamp, then the pure mini direct. Let me know if you can see it. And let me know if this looks accurate. First time using Google Picaso

Thanks

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q..._z2an-ZkS9z9dS

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification