The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 05-26-2012, 07:57 AM

What a stunning looking guitar! Is this guitar replacing anything you currently play?
Old 05-26-2012, 05:17 PM

Hi Dru, yes this guitar is replacing a previous Sexauer short multi-scale that Bruce built for me in 2010. That one is indeed a beautiful guitar but first time round I was not clear enough in my own mind on the specs I needed to help out with my tendonitis issues... I don't think the slanted frets ended up being that great for me and I felt a narrower nut and string spacing would be better.

Bruce was kind enough to take the first one back and build me another guitar with a shorter scale. I was hoping that this second one would be as good as the first... I suspect it's even better which is hard to believe. In fact I think even Bruce was pretty surprised as to how this one turned out.

Here's a link to the first short scale Bruce built for me that is now back in hos possession....

http://www.sexauerluthier.com/FT-00-JB-wrx-2010.html

And here's a couple of pics that Bruce took of the sisters side-by-side before sending this one out

Last edited by Berf; 05-26-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:11 PM
AGF Sponsor

I am playing the "old" one more that I ever thought I would, it's so easy! Sonically, I know I should be losing something, but I really can't seem to hear it at all. This is a seriously successful guitar, and I have extremely high standards of comparison (and a dozen of my full size guitars). The punch line is the the "new" one is head and shoulders better yet! Which hardly seems possible, but I had them both here for 2 weeks or so and I put them up against each other a dozen times or more, so I am as sure of it as I am of anything. Challenges everything I think I know!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop