The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-28-2018, 12:54 PM

I really like my Shubb but liked my G7th Performance 2 as well (until it got boosted ). What I like about the Shubb is that I can put it in my pants pocket and forget it's there.

While I really came to like my G7P2 I had to learn to install it properly for the best sound. It took trial and error to rival the Shubb for sound, but I figured it out. The other thing is that I found the end uncomfortable and dremeled the points round and that improved it substantially. It's almost as light and small as the Shubb.
Assuming is not knowing. Knowing is NOT the same as understanding. There is a difference between compassion and wisdom, however compassion cannot supplant wisdom, and wisdom can not occur without understanding. facts don't care about your feelings and FEELINGS ALONE MAKE FOR TERRIBLE, often irreversible DECISIONS
Old 09-28-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
Please don't tell me the guitars need work or a fretjob or whatever. One of the best setup guy in SoCal has gone through them twice.
No doubt your guitars are just fine. Same here, best guy in CT works on my guitars. Intonation is never perfect everywhere on the neck, it's just physics. Best capo placement varies ... depending on the guitar (tall frets and such) and the player (hand position, size and such). And to quote myself in a previous post; "there is no objectively "best", only what's best for the particular user."

I really doubt you have hands that are bigger than mine ...
Old 09-28-2018, 02:46 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyAxe View Post
No doubt your guitars are just fine. Same here, best guy in CT works on my guitars. Intonation is never perfect everywhere on the neck, it's just physics. Best capo placement varies ... depending on the guitar (tall frets and such) and the player (hand position, size and such). And to quote myself in a previous post; "there is no objectively "best", only what's best for the particular user."

I really doubt you have hands that are bigger than mine ...
Hah! Good one, Rusty. As I believe you said, I also really like the ruggedness and beef-uped nature of the Shubb, a real piece of machinery. I'll keep playing with it.

Actually, the best luck I've had with the regular Shubb is using it on mando. Yeah, yeah, I get that the mando purists never use a capo, but get over yourselves LOL. Anyway, it really works in that application, with minimal intonation issues.

Great post.

Thanks,
Scott

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
acoustic, capo, capo's, d'addario, newbie