The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 12-10-2016, 09:58 AM

Default David Rawlings How To Videos

Hi Everybody!

I've been working hard transcribing a bunch of David Rawlings' guitar parts and I thought I'd share the link to my YouTube Playlist with y'all!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...glp27NZcsdL0RK

If you like Rawlings' playing half as much as I do, I think you'll find this stuff interesting.

Cheers!
Eric
Old 12-10-2016, 12:29 PM
Charter Member

Thanks so much Eric!!! I love DRM, see them every time they come through.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichM752 View Post
Thanks so much Eric!!! I love DRM, see them every time they come through.
Thanks Rich!

Yeah they're just such geniuses! I feel like seeing them play is what it would've been like to see The Beatles, or some other artist so clearly immensely talented and profound, destined to be remembered by history.

I get goosebumps every time. Such beautiful songs!
Old 12-12-2016, 08:02 PM

I was fortunate to see Dave and Gillian when they opened up for the very abbreviated Buffalo Springfield Reunion Tour here in LA a few years back and I've loved his guitar playing ever since.

You do a very nice job on his material. Will you be offering for sale TAB transcriptions of Dave!s songs and leads etc. or only along with Skype lessons?

'More guitars than I need but not as many as I want.'
Old 12-12-2016, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Berger View Post
I was fortunate to see Dave and Gillian when they opened up for the very abbreviated Buffalo Springfield Reunion Tour here in LA a few years back and I've loved his guitar playing ever since.

You do a very nice job on his material. Will you be offering for sale TAB transcriptions of Dave!s songs and leads etc. or only along with Skype lessons?
Hi Steve! I'd be more than happy to share the tabs of the stuff I've figured out so far - for a very modest fee give me a shout at my email: [email protected] and I can get ya those tabs!

Cheers!
E
Old 12-15-2016, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebhaugen View Post
I've been working hard transcribing a bunch of David Rawlings' guitar parts and I thought I'd share... If you like Rawlings' playing half as much as I do, I think you'll find this stuff interesting.
Really outstanding interpretations Eric, you have way more patience and talent than I have, thanks so much for sharing your hard work. My current favorite guitar players are Dave Rawlings and Darryl Scott. If you don't know Darryl, have a listen... I've come close on this one, but I'm sure you would nail it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svS6MwQ5mBY

Now back living in Baja Sur where I started my carbon fiber journey... Bend OR was too cold!
Old 12-16-2016, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billder99 View Post
Really outstanding interpretations Eric, you have way more patience and talent than I have, thanks so much for sharing your hard work. My current favorite guitar players are Dave Rawlings and Darryl Scott. If you don't know Darryl, have a listen... I've come close on this one, but I'm sure you would nail it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svS6MwQ5mBY
Wow! Thanks for that link! That dude is really excellent. I did some googling and looks like he's been a heavy hitter in Nashville for some time now. I'm gonna have to add him to my "guitar players to investigate" list!
Old 01-13-2017, 07:18 AM

Glad to see this thread. Love David's songs and lead runs.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:02 AM

Thanks Eric, great work!!
And man, you play well !!
Old 01-14-2017, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadcaster View Post
Thanks Eric, great work!!
And man, you play well !!
It's my pleasure! I have a great time working on Dave's stuff and sharing it with my fellow enthusiasts!
Old 07-03-2017, 01:47 PM

Hey Eric. I posted on this thread back in December. Recently I've been working (slowly) on some Dave Rawlings things on You Tube, the very best resource I've found is... you guessed it... Eric Haugen. I remembered posting in AGF, but I didn't make the connection that it was you until just now... doh!

Your website is amazing, your lessons are the best (for advanced players). I'd love to see more acoustic lessons... as mentioned in my previous AGF post, Darryl Scott is another favorite. Subscribed to your site, "Liked" every lesson. Thanks so much for sharing even with hackers like myself.

Now back living in Baja Sur where I started my carbon fiber journey... Bend OR was too cold!
Old 07-04-2017, 11:40 AM

Eric, I've been a subscriber of your YouTube channel for a good while. Great lessons.

Can you tell us about that Goya acoustic in the I Wanna Play That Rock'nRoll lesson?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Tags
david rawlings, gillian welch, guitar lesson, revelator, tab