The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-14-2017, 07:36 AM
Charter Member

Last night I finally had some quality time with the Balor - we did an acoustic practice night. I'm stunned by the playability and tone from this bass, it is a more than worthy replacement for my Tacomas. And it's beautiful, too!

Major props to the crew at Emerald!

Ken
Emerald Balor 5 string, Taylor GS-Mini Bass, RainSong SGA-FLE, WS1000 Classic N1 and WS3000 N1, Republic Resolian Style 804, Royall Teardrop Tenor Reso
A few electrics, a bunch of basses
Wandering the continent - CA > IL > NH > TX (for good, hopefully)
Old 04-14-2017, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
Last night I finally had some quality time with the Balor - we did an acoustic practice night. I'm stunned by the playability and tone from this bass, it is a more than worthy replacement for my Tacomas. And it's beautiful, too!

Major props to the crew at Emerald!
That's great news!

But I'll bet that I'm not the only one who is hoping that you will post a full review… after all, you are the first Balor owner here!

But for now, I have one question: what was the reaction from your bandmates?

PS - That may be the single most amazing piece of quilted maple that I have ever seen!

Old 04-14-2017, 03:56 PM
Charter Member

Well, I'm not particularly good at describing sounds with words, so I'm not sure you'd find a review very useful. Last night was just three of us - me, our guitarist and the drummer we keep in a little box and feed 9v batteries - but the guitarist was impressed. The drummer didn't say much about it.

Ken
Emerald Balor 5 string, Taylor GS-Mini Bass, RainSong SGA-FLE, WS1000 Classic N1 and WS3000 N1, Republic Resolian Style 804, Royall Teardrop Tenor Reso
A few electrics, a bunch of basses
Wandering the continent - CA > IL > NH > TX (for good, hopefully)
Old 04-14-2017, 10:05 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
Well, I'm not particularly good at describing sounds with words, so I'm not sure you'd find a review very useful. Last night was just three of us - me, our guitarist and the drummer we keep in a little box and feed 9v batteries - but the guitarist was impressed. The drummer didn't say much about it.
You're right...a well recorded clip would be great, but not always realistic. I'm not a bass player myself, but regardless, I'm interested to know about the Balor's playability (comfort, ergonomics), volume (how does it compare to wood acoustic basses? Things like that are of interest.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber