The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 06-20-2022, 06:22 PM

Default Taylor DCSM Dan Crary 1994 - Great Player Grade

I got this Dan Crary signature model when I was ogling a Mossman that my coworker let me play, but I couldn’t compromise on having a cutaway. I’d read here on the forum that they are closely similar in construction and tone. I’ve owned this Taylor going on two years, and it has been my #1 acoustic. I never gigged it, but it has been a pleasure to play in many jam circles, and garnered compliments on every occasion. When not being played, it has been well kept in its case with careful attention to humidity.

This guitar is superbly comfortable to play (see action photo; measuring in at just under a low 1/8” at the 12th fret with no fret buzz). It sounds incredible when flatpicked, but my tastes have erred towards small bodied guitars and fingerpicking, though I will still miss this one. That being said, it has been played and shows some common character for it. There are a handful of small clear coat / finish blemishes on the neck and headstock, and a few on the back, and even fewer on the top near the bottom. Some light picking marks on the pickguard as well. A few areas of the neck binding exhibit some minor cosmetic cracks. I have graded it very conservatively because of the cosmetic character.

I have endeavored to photograph notable areas of player wear, and have more photos to provide if you like (I could only post 10 of them).

The original hardshell leather case is included, and was missing one of the four latches when I got it. It still buttons up safely and securely.

Asking $1550 plus shipping ($80 within contiguous US).

Old 06-20-2022, 06:27 PM
Charter Member

I’ve been wondering when one of these would come around…. I’m not a Taylor guy but my 1992 Taylor Dan Crary is one of the best sounding guitars I’ve owned….ever…. GREAT guitar for Fingerstyle or Flatpicking…huge sound. Sounds very very similar to my old Santa Cruz Tony Rice…I think they are built similar with a super thin top and heavier bracing…. If you want an OUTSTANDING guitar to play out without taking your expensive one out of the house then you need this guitar! Someone will be very happy and good luck with the sale!

2004 John Osthoff AS-C
1992 Taylor (DCSM)Dan Crary Signature Model

Old 06-20-2022, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenpalms View Post
I’ve been waiting for one of these to come around…. I’m not a Taylor guy but my 1992 Taylor Dan Crary is one of the best sounding guitars I’ve owned….ever…. GREAT guitar for Fingerstyle or Flatpicking…huge sound. Sounds very very similar to my old Santa Cruz Tony Rice…I think they are built similar with a super thin top and heavier bracing…. If you want an OUTSTANDING guitar to play out without taking your expensive one out of the house then you need this guitar! Someone will be very happy and good luck with the sale!

Glad to hear plaudits from a fellow DCSM owner! I agree they’re incredible guitars and this one will be sorely missed when it finds its new home. Thanks for the well wishes!
Old 06-23-2022, 08:22 AM

Price Reduction to $1380 plus shipping!
Old 06-27-2022, 10:59 AM

SOLD! Thanks for looking.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars