The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 03-31-2018, 06:48 AM

Happy Easter weekend to you all!

So the guitar has come back from the finisher and is looking immaculate.

This is the last call for any of you in the Americas interested in the guitar to save on shipping before Gage sends it half way around the globe to Singapore

Here are some glorious photos of the OM with finish on it.

Look at the mirror like finish on this!

The magician behind it all

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 03-31-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Wong View Post

This is the last call for any of you in the Americas interested in the guitar to save on shipping before Gage sends it half way around the globe to Singapore

So how much is it gonna co$t to save on the shipping and keep it here in America?

duff
Be A Player...Not A Polisher
Old 03-31-2018, 09:55 AM

Marcus, this guitar is beautiful, simple elegance would be my description. Very tasteful work indeed

2018 Michaud OO-R
2012 Webber Dreadnaught *SOLD*
2010 Eastman E20OM
1994 Guild D30
1979 Yamaha FG375S (retired)
1974 Norman B30 (retired)
Old 03-31-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBKuz View Post
Marcus, this guitar is beautiful, simple elegance would be my description. Very tasteful work indeed
Thanks Ian! Super excited to be representing Gage Halland. Great guy with a great sense of humour, and it seems an even greater grasp over the makings of an incredible guitar

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 03-31-2018, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcduffnw View Post
So how much is it gonna co$t to save on the shipping and keep it here in America?

duff
PM sent!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 04-01-2018, 10:23 AM

Stunning instrument! I follow Gage on and his work is very impressive. Having worked with Michael Greenfield certainly shows in his work and is definitely a great place to be coming from.
Old 04-01-2018, 01:19 PM

Quote:

I first met Gage years ago, when he was first starting out and was frequently visiting John Greven's house/shop to learn and solve problems he was having. Even then, it was readily apparent that he was an exceptionally talented and passionate young man and budding luthier...and for those of you who are/would be worried...no...he did not adopt John's overarching building style philosophy {;-)...you know who you are and you know what I mean...see below

His time working with Michael Greenfield really honed his abilities to a razor sharp level, as well as helping him to find his build style/ethic and the tonal roadmap of his guitars' voices.

He is a young luthier of immense ability and passion, and if you like the Greenfield build style and basic tonal envelope...you are going to love Gage's instruments!!!

duff
Old 04-01-2018, 01:28 PM
Eric Skye

Wow. Just beautiful!
Old 04-02-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffStGermaine View Post
Stunning instrument! I follow Gage on and his work is very impressive. Having worked with Michael Greenfield certainly shows in his work and is definitely a great place to be coming from.
Yes, his guitars do bear some semblance to his mentor's. Gage has some of the cleanest work out there - can't wait to witness it in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by min7b5 View Post
Wow. Just beautiful!
Thank you! I absolutely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcduffnw View Post
I first met Gage years ago, when he was first starting out and was frequently visiting John Greven's house/shop to learn and solve problems he was having. Even then, it was readily apparent that he was an exceptionally talented and passionate young man and budding luthier...and for those of you who are/would be worried...no...he did not adopt John's overarching building style philosophy {;-)...you know who you are and you know what I mean...see below

His time working with Michael Greenfield really honed his abilities to a razor sharp level, as well as helping him to find his build style/ethic and the tonal roadmap of his guitars' voices.

He is a young luthier of immense ability and passion, and if you like the Greenfield build style and basic tonal envelope...you are going to love Gage's instruments!!!

duff
Thank you so much for sharing that Duff! People really need to play one of his guitars. If and when he does attend a festival, there will be no doubt that he will be the talk of show. Learning from both John Greven and Michael Greenfield is a lethal combination

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 05-07-2018, 10:14 AM

Here it is!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 05-07-2018, 01:18 PM
Music soothes the soul!

Really nice case.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
Really nice case.
What's inside is even nicer

So I've had a chance to play on it for a bit and my initial assessment is that, Gage Halland just built THE BEST guitar I have ever played. By far. I am absolutely floored. A more detailed assessment to follow and of course, photos and eventually a YouTube video too!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 05-07-2018, 02:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
What's inside is even nicer

So I've had a chance to play on it for a bit and my initial assessment is that, Gage Halland just built THE BEST guitar I have ever played. By far. I am absolutely floored. A more detailed assessment to follow and of course, photos and eventually a YouTube video too!
Well that will make letting it go all the more difficult..., ,
Old 05-07-2018, 11:17 PM
Charter Member

I was sent a little sneak peak sound clip...and it feels like a trick. WHAAAAAT?! I am now officially excited for Gage to start my guitar.
Old 05-08-2018, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 View Post
Well that will make letting it go all the more difficult..., ,
Or you know... I could get one for myself haha! Note to self, please practise self control

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJI View Post
I was sent a little sneak peak sound clip...and it feels like a trick. WHAAAAAT?! I am now officially excited for Gage to start my guitar.
It's truly an incredible instrument.

I am quite busy these upcoming days so do bear with me as I might take some time to take photos and write a quick review of it! And of course, a YouTube video would eventually follow!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Tags
gage halland, golden era guitars, halland guitars, singapore, the golden era guitar