The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 06-12-2015, 05:25 AM

Default Memphis Build Thread - Michaud OM-R Lucky Strike/"The Tree"

Glad to hear it! Surprised how fast it made it to you! Don't hold back on some pics!
Old 06-12-2015, 05:56 AM

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

I feel like this guitar belongs to all of us on the AGF as we have all followed your posts and the build so closely, living and dying with each choice!!!!

As an aside, just to get it out there, we all have seen Marcus on this forum and can estimate his age etc. I for one, being a little older, that shall remain a mystery, want to compliment him on how articulate and intelligent his posts have been. Informative, fun, respectful, something that is generally falling to the way side in our society (IMO).

So best to you Marcus, I am pleased beyond expression that you have finally got this in your hands. Now open the d*** thing will you?????
Old 06-12-2015, 06:50 AM
Charter Member

congrats Marcus! can't wait to hear all about it!

Omega Braz MJ, 2011 Omega MJ Braz Baritone
Ryan Cathedral ABW/Bosnian
Build thread: 2011 Kostal Mod D Brazilian/German
Build thread: 2019 Kostal MDW Brazilian/German
Build thread:2019 Bigfoot Mod D
Old 06-12-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBarclay View Post
Cheers!

Prepare for surreality, speechlessness and eye-popping shock And, in my case, a feeling of slight inadequacy… but then, a lifetime of playing will hopefully resolve that one!

Jon
Jon, I'm preparing myself for exactly that. As well as the inadequacy but that should be expected. If we were worthy of us amazing guitars, we would be making a living out of it

Now do us all a favour and get back to your thread

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-12-2015, 09:32 AM

Very cool, Marcus!! Standing by with all the other AGFer's.
2014 Doerr Legacy
2013 Bamburg FSC-
2002 Flammang 000 12 fret
2000 McCollum Grand Auditorium

Old 06-12-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamincolor View Post
Marcus...... anxiously awaiting your report.....!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan688 View Post
Glad to hear it! Surprised how fast it made it to you! Don't hold back on some pics!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcsong View Post
congrats Marcus! can't wait to hear all about it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandguitar View Post
Very cool, Marcus!! Standing by with all the other AGFer's.
As the guitar came from a foreign land, Joel advised that I leave it in the case for 24 hours before exposing it to the tropical weather here. So........ I've been dying waiting for tomorrow to come! Just 12 more hours D:

Meanwhile I've taken some photos of the case and such! Shall be posting them in my NGD thread shortly (FINALLY)!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-12-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

I feel like this guitar belongs to all of us on the AGF as we have all followed your posts and the build so closely, living and dying with each choice!!!!

As an aside, just to get it out there, we all have seen Marcus on this forum and can estimate his age etc. I for one, being a little older, that shall remain a mystery, want to compliment him on how articulate and intelligent his posts have been. Informative, fun, respectful, something that is generally falling to the way side in our society (IMO).

So best to you Marcus, I am pleased beyond expression that you have finally got this in your hands. Now open the d*** thing will you?????
I LOVE YOUR EXCITEMENT! IT'S SO INFECTIOUS!!!

Wow.... Thank you for such kind and sincere words Tom. You've been such a joy to the AGF community as I am sure many can testify and I have no idea how you do it! But whatever it is, keep it up you have definitely played a huge part in lighting up a smile on my face on numerous occasions and when a person is as....Tom as you (for a lack of a better adjective ), I can only wish the best upon them!

Patience my man, I am dying here too if you have to know D: just a small stretch more and we are nearly there! Meanwhile I will try to post some photos of the case that I have received. It ain't the Lucky Tree, but it is still GORGEOUS in its own right! It has definitely distracted me from the thought of the treasure it harbours. So... Do expect some amateur photos coming up soon. Think Mau....except without any of his skills

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-12-2015, 11:03 AM

Default The "end" of an EPIC journey

A HUGEEE thank you to the forum and all the forum members who have made this wait exponentially more tolerable, not to mention more exciting to be able to share this lifetime experience with people of a similar passion. Thank you all for the amazing feedback, compliments and advice on everything. As Tom has pointed out, it feels almost like an AGF build rather than my personal one as it has been a collective decision.

Thank you all for having shown immense interest in my dream guitar and Joel Michaud who is a FANTASTIC luthier + friend. Thanks for hanging around for the ride. It is now finally over (not a connotation of relief, quite the contrary!), but I hope that you will stick around for the after party! This journey has only just begun for both Joel and I! Wish us luck and see on the other thread!

NGD: http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...10#post4529310

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-12-2015, 07:22 PM

An absolutely beautiful, stunning guitar! Congratulations, Marcus!
Old 06-12-2015, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Boy View Post
An absolutely beautiful, stunning guitar! Congratulations, Marcus!
Thank you billy it really is especially in person!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 09-11-2015, 11:15 PM
Charter Member

Default Marcus, my friend...ship me that Lucky Tree? I got the Moon...

It would probably be the only thing left to make this build even more special than it already is, but currently it does not seem that it would be possible [/QU0TE]

So many possibilities, Josh is about 1/2 hour from me. :-)[/QUOTE]BBWW

Old 09-13-2015, 03:10 AM

Blimey, that figure is ridiculous! And just to clarify, my guitar didn't magically transform. That is Jay's! I wonder what Josh thinks about the Michaud "Moon Tree"...

P.S. the photos were taken by none other than our very own Josh Isaacs (jji). I think it's AMAZING.

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Tags
fanned fret, joel michaud, lucky strike, manzer wedge, the tree