The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-30-2001, 11:12 AM

Post Newly bought 2001 Taylor 355

Hi, I haven't been log in to here for a certain period. Last Saturday, I got my 2nd Taylor, a brand new 2001 355 12 strings. Well, as everyone know, it has an incredible low action and I can play any stuff I usually play on my six strings. But I believe she was not open yet. I have played a 555 that had been in the store for a year and had a richer & warmer tone. I do not like the SKB case. It doesn't look good and will easily broken. The original one was cracked, so the saleman replace for me another SKB from a 4xx series.

Can I find better Taylor case for my 355 ? At what price range ?
Does anyone know any changes of the spec. of 2001's 355 compare to those available on Taylor web. site.(The web site was not updated) It is because I don't have the 2001 catalog here.

Lastly, I enjoy playing that new Taylor, my 1st 12 strings !

[ 03-30-2001: Message edited by: Stanley ]
Old 03-30-2001, 01:12 PM

Other than new models, the only change specific to the 3xx series was to change the binding from black plastic to black fiber. This softens the look a little.

The SKB cases are fairly durable. Unless you really abuse it, it should be fine.
Old 03-31-2001, 11:51 PM

You can have Taylor make a case for you,your local shop should be able to give details or contact Taylor. I`m going to get one for my 78 855. The guitar held up,case did not.
Old 04-01-2001, 09:44 AM
Jim

I understand that you can pay a bit extra as an upgrade charge when you buy the guitar from a Taylor dealer, and instead of getting the cheap SKB case you can have it come with the real Taylor luggage case. If you have just purchased this guitar, talk to your Taylor dealer, and if they say they don't know anything about this deal, have them call Taylor.

By the way, a 355 will not sound the same as a 555 because they are made out of entirely different kinds of wood. A 355 has its back and sides made out of sapele while a 555 is made out of mahogany.

[ 04-01-2001: Message edited by: Jim ]

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification