The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-05-2000, 02:31 PM

Thumbs up

Howdy...

A friend of mine at church called me last night to share her wonderful news that on Saturday, that she will finally buy a guitar. Being the way-cool (haha) Taylor Evangelist at my church (and allowing her to play with my 310 a lot), i've sold her on Taylor. I believe she's gonna go and buy the 310 from Sam Ash... pretty good deal, i think~! hehe.

I read in one of my Wood&Steels about Sam Tritico of Sam's Music in Tennessee. The article talks about which Taylor he sells most when he's on the floor. He gushes about his fav—the 514c. Well, for me, that would be the 310.

Man... Taylor Guitars should give me a commission or two LOL. By now, my youth group students that play guitar are all fixated on them and can't get enough!

Blessings,
nick
Old 12-08-2000, 03:33 AM

Red face

Howdy,

I just found out another dude at church is 99% close to purchasing a used 310 nearby here! Man......... my 310 is gonna make history at my church!

Three 310s at one church....... that sounds like a cool thing! Of course, MY 310 will be the number one best, but i won't tell them that LOL

If you've got someone that is anti-Taylor, well, send them over to my church and we'll quickly change their mind hehehehehehe

Blessings,
nick
Old 12-08-2000, 10:11 AM

As a 310-mce owner I love this series as well. I think the "sleeper" in this series is the 355. I have been blown away everytime I pick one up. This is an amazing 12 string for a very reasonable price. Taylor really excels at 12 strings because of the playability and the balance each guitar has. The highs on the 355 are bright and true and the bass response is full but not overwhelming.

Just an awesome instrument that is a pleasure to play. I need one of these.................
Old 12-09-2000, 08:14 AM

Thumbs up

Howdy Erm

I totally agree with you on the 355! Whenever i go into a guitar store, i always go to pick up a 314 or a 355. I never really liked 12-string guitars, because i thought their sound was too weird. However, when i tried the 355 for the first time, my mouth was like WHOOOOOOOOOOOOA!

If i could raise up $2000, i'd consider buying either a 314ce or a 355~ It would be a hard decision to make really——all 300 Series geetars to me are ALL great!

Blessings,
nick
Old 12-12-2000, 05:01 PM

Howdy

Yep, it's true: the guy i previously mentioned just bought his yesterday! It was "used" (just barely 3 months old), but according to him, it sounds sweet. I have yet to try it out, but i'm sure that 310 is just as good as mine (heehee!)

As for the one girl i mentioned earlier, she wasn't able to purchase it on Saturday, but she already paid the deposit and will get it within this week. It's new from Guitar Centre and can't wait to try out both 310s!

...of course, neither of those 310s will EVER be better than mine, so it's all good to me LOL

Blessings,
nick
Old 12-13-2000, 06:23 AM

Howdy

I got to try my friend's 310 and indeed, it is a startling difference between a new 310 and a more "aged" one! I was more impressed of his Sitka Spruce top, than the tone, because mine sounds me settled in and matured than his.

Compared to mine, he has a lot of catching up to do! LOL

Blessings
nick
Old 12-20-2000, 12:40 PM

Thumbs up

I recently purchased a 310 after auditioning about 25 guitars, both less and more expensive. I just kept going back to the Taylor rack because of their distictively bright and chimey sound. You can really hear every note you play. And what construction! This is a beautiful instrument. The only complaint is a slight buzz in 2 strings at certain frets, but I am due a free setup by the store tech and am hoping they can correct the problem, otherwise I may have to return the guitar. I hope that doesn't happen! Great forum, BTW!
Old 12-20-2000, 02:04 PM

Thumbs up

Howdy armand,

Congrats on your purchase of the Taylor 310! I know you'll enjoy as much as i do! The one thing that i keep noticing about Sapele wood is that it's pretty wild-looking. At first, i never looked closely to it, but now, i see the beautiful figure and grain... not exactly like maple, but really distinct and cool-looking!

And the sound................. words can't describe!

Enjoy the 310 and may it bring joy to you like it has for me

Blessings,
nick
Old 12-20-2000, 05:37 PM

Thanks Nick. Just hope they can correct the buzz problem. Don't want to have to settle for a Martin. Just couldn't get into those guitars like this Taylor.
Old 01-16-2001, 02:45 PM
Jay Gonsalves

Quote:
Originally posted by TheTaylor310:
Howdy,

I just found out another dude at church is 99% close to purchasing a used 310 nearby here! Man......... my 310 is gonna make history at my church!

Three 310s at one church....... that sounds like a cool thing! Of course, MY 310 will be the number one best, but i won't tell them that LOL

If you've got someone that is anti-Taylor, well, send them over to my church and we'll quickly change their mind hehehehehehe

Blessings,
nick
Old 01-16-2001, 02:54 PM
Jay Gonsalves

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay Gonsalves:
Hey, Nick, maybe that's not the only thing you'll change their minds about.

Seriously, I, too, play my 410 in church. Had a 1999 310 first (for about a week or two and they let me trade up to the 410), but I liked the 410 a little better sound-wise and cosmetically. A poor man's 810, if you will.

Anyway, I'm envious of all the Taylors in your church group. Must sound great--"making a joyful noise." It's just me and a young guy with an Ovation at mine. Maybe someday...

Take care and God bless,

Jay

Old 01-17-2001, 05:41 AM

Thumbs up

Howdy Jay!

Nice to see another fellow praise leader in this Forum! Methinks we praise leaders should have our own Forum topic LOL

Anyways, a comment first for the 400 Series~! I used to kinda dislike the 400 Series because the colour and sound somewhat gave me a bad impression, but as i kept messing with some of the 400s, the sound kept on getting better. Nice to see that you are using yours to glorify God (and what a nice instrument indeed! hehe)

(chuckle) Yeah... i guess we've kinda hit the jackpot! Gosh, Taylor is the premier geetar brand here and there's no end to that! I feel that a lot of Christian artists are picking Taylors, and that reflects back on our church. Especially artists like Steven Curtis Chapman, Jennifer Knapp, Jars of Clay...

Well, thanks for responding and may your 410 inspire you to "sing to the Lord a NEW song!" My 310 gave me two; i'm gonna write more LOL

Blessings,
nick

PS> If you've got time to spare, then maybe you can come and visit our church? hehehehe
Old 01-17-2001, 03:39 PM

Nick,
Regarding our own Forum Topic, probably wouldn't happen here, but I work closely with a site that you probably have heard of or even been to before called Christian Guitar Network (used to be called: Jars of Christian Gutiar Tabs, JOCGT). At the time before we had to switch servers, we had a great message board setup with even a Worship Leader's forum. And of course, who else was in charge of that forum as a Moderator? hehe, myself. =P Anyways, when everything's back up and running, I'll give ya a page to check it out. In the mean time if you wanted to visit CGN's site (has a whole slew of .crds and .tabs for everything Christian, and a bunch of worship stuff), it's found at http://www.ChristianGuitarNetwork.com
Check ya later bro.
Randall
Old 02-19-2001, 10:27 PM

I'm looking at buying a 310ce and I'm curious if you guys can give me a ballpark to the prices you paid. I just want to get an idea for when I go looking this weekend.
Old 02-20-2001, 07:04 AM

Wink

GuitarGuy,
In keeping with the "no price discussions" on this forum, I will e-mail you with the information you requested.

------------------
Later,
Chuck
- Psalm 150

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification