The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-17-2020, 01:56 PM
Charter Member

Default Line 6 Pod Go

Does anyone know much about the new Line 6 Pod Go? I can't fund much online detail. I own the HX Effects and love it for acoustic and electric, but it doesn't have the amp and preamp options of the bigger brother Helix. Apparently the Pod Go has amps, but I can't find a list. if it has the tube preamp model, I'd get it - that would greatly benefit my acoustic passive PU. But the HX Effects can run two signal paths, so I can run the acoustic IR with its own EQ etc which is really helpful. I can't tell if the Pod Go can do that.

Anyone know?
50th Anniversary Fender Am Std Strat.
Gretsch 6120 Nashville Players in Blue.
Line 6 Helix.

If I played as much as I read threads, I'd be a pro....

Last edited by stevecuss; 01-19-2020 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-18-2020, 03:44 PM

Yes the Go does amp/cabs just like Helix. The Go’s main concession compared to Helix is the single DSP and it only has about 1/2 as many jacks/ports in the back. Also is limited to 6 effects at once (I think). I’m not an expert on it, but that is my takeaway. But it does have the vast majority of effects helix has including IR.
'13 Jaffrey #26 - Malaysian Blackwood!
'21 Gretsch 5622
'22 Furch Red Pure G-LR - Barbera Soloist
ST-300 Mini + DIY mic preamp
Old 01-18-2020, 03:50 PM

Just because of this picture [What?? Only 1024 pts IR!!]

I'd stick to the Helix
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Gibson Les Paul Standard 1958 Reissue (2013)
Fender Stratocaster American Vintage 1954 (2014)
http://acousticir.free.fr/
Old 01-18-2020, 03:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecuss View Post
Does anyone know much about the new Line 6 Pod Go? I can't fund much online detail. I own the HX Effects and love it for acoustic and electric, but it doesn't have the amp and preamp options of the bigger brother Helix. Apparently the Pod Go has amps, but I can't find a list. if it has the tube preamp model, I'd get it - that would greatly benefit my acoustic passive PU. But the HX Effects can run two signal paths, so I can run the acoustic IR with its own EQ etc which is really helpful. I can't tell if the Pod Go can do that.

Anyone know?
Hi steve

They were pushing it hard at Winter NAMM, and Sweetwater, Musician's Friend, etc are already advertising it (but it's not due for months).

Looks sweet, but it's not cheap. List is $449.00. I'm guessing it's going to be a great modeler given it's relationship (via Line 6) to the Helix and being able to use some of the same voicing (not sure that's the right word).

I do play Strat and Tele occasionally with our Worship Band, but I'm not sure my DigiTech RP-355 is worn out yet (it's only 10 yrs old). I have 10 dyno-mite voices programmed into it, and it actually sounds really good with either of my electrics.

If I were younger (I'm 71 yrs old), I'd be looking at lots of the modeling options, including the Line 6 pod-go. I've looked at many new ones, but the line 6 has an edge in my mind because of it's relationship with Line 6.

And the Katana modeling amps (50 & 100 watt) are amazing too if one needs/wants a physical amp.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 01-18-2020, 04:24 PM
Charter Member

Thanks everyone. It is difficult to find specific....er....specifications on the Pod Go in the marketing announcement, but yep, it looks like it gives up some key features I have in my HX Effects. I am just hankering for the stereo preamp that comes with the bigger brother Helix.
Line 6 Helix.

Old 01-19-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:

Anyone know?
It has all of the amp models and preamps of the full Helix.

It has only one path.

Most of the blocks can be used for one type, and only one type, of block: Wah, volume, eq, amp, cab or IR. The effects loop does not use a block. There are 4 blocks that you can use for any additional effects (only) of your choosing. The blocks can be put in any order.

It has almost all of the HX effects, but three were just too big. The Cosmos echo (multi platter echo), the Tone Soverign (King of Tone) and the Clawthorne Drive. All distortions are mono only.

Footswitches cannot be momentary

Shipping to dealers in late March and should be available to the public in April. $449.

I've been asking a LOT of questions about this one during NAMM and was made a mod of a POD Go Original group on Facebook, though I don't think I'll buy one at this point. I have my full Helix and my Stomp.

Here's a link to the FAQ: https://line6.com/support/topic/53806-pod-go-faq/

I hope this helps.

Last edited by DavidE; 01-19-2020 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-19-2020, 02:08 PM

Hey OP, change the title of this thread to Line 6 Pod GO
'13 Jaffrey #26 - Malaysian Blackwood!
'21 Gretsch 5622
'22 Furch Red Pure G-LR - Barbera Soloist
ST-300 Mini + DIY mic preamp
Old 01-19-2020, 04:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rschultz View Post
Hey OP, change the title of this thread to Line 6 Pod GO
Done, thanks! I tried earlier, but didn't notice the advance setting.

Ok, it looks like I really just need to switch out the HX Effects for the HX Stomp to get what I want. I love the strips on the Effects, but I think I can make the Stomp work. If money were no issue, I'd be Helix all the way.
Line 6 Helix.

Old 01-19-2020, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Done, thanks! I tried earlier, but didn't notice the advance setting.

Ok, it looks like I really just need to switch out the HX Effects for the HX Stomp to get what I want. I love the strips on the Effects, but I think I can make the Stomp work. If money were no issue, I'd be Helix all the way.
We will get 8 blocks in the Stomp when firmware 3.0 is released. That will be quite a while in the future as 2.9 is the next release.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
We will get 8 blocks in the Stomp when firmware 3.0 is released. That will be quite a while in the future as 2.9 is the next release.
I thought I needed the scribble strips in the HX Effects, but I have found that making the settings on my Mac and loading them in as snapshots etc is working great, so that, and the eventual 3.0 firmware expansion is probably enough to tip me toward the Stomp.
Line 6 Helix.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification