The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-17-2020, 09:48 PM
Runaway Tomato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair Hay View Post
I just happened to drop into the forum today and came across this thread.
We are continually refining our fretboard and setup across our range and I feel we made significant strides forward in the past year but I feel there is still room for improvement.
I think the improvement needs to come in how we communicate with you guys about our ability to set up a guitar to meet your specific playing needs. The reality is that there is no such thing as a perfect setup as everyone plays in a different way so what plays perfectly for someone who plays light finger style will buzz like crazy for someone who strums heavily.
We set our action up to suit a medium style but there is always room to go either way. If you talk to the guys in sales and explain your playing style and possibly offer measurements from a favourite guitar then we can set up your guitar accordingly.
I intend doing some how to videos this coming year to explain how to evaluate your setup and how to measure the action on your guitar to provide measurements when ordering something to similar specs.
I hope this will be helpful.
Alistair
Thank you so much for answering my opening post! I'm at the Emerald website daily and listening to YouTube vids of Emerald instruments, and I'm very, very impressed. You may hear from me in March or April of this year. It's an interesting surprise to ask a question about a specific brand of guitar in a forum and to receive an answer from the boss!
Former AGF Moderator

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber