The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-30-2018, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looburst View Post
If I'm buying a used guitar from an individual, all the dings and scratches are money loss for the seller. Money should be taken off for every single ding or no deal. Doesn't matter of they bought it new yesterday or that afternoon, if they damaged it, they lose money on resale of that used instrument. It's not Mint, Excellent or anywhere near it, it's used.
The problem comes when the seller factors scars into their price, and then the buyer wants to do the same thing again. If a particular used guitar sells routinely within the range of $1200 to $1600 and mine has an average for its age amount of scars so I price it at $1400, then a buyer comes and says "it's not mint, I'll give you $1200" because he's deducting for every single ding after I'v already done it. That's not fair and they won't get that deal from me.
Too many "buyers" are just looking to get a steal no matter what. This is part of the reason why so many guitars are listed at unrealistic high prices; most buyers think they don't have to pay the fair price for something.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:40 PM

Yes but if a guitar sells new/MINT for $2K or there abouts and the seller is trying to get $1800 out of it, that's not near enough of a discount to warrant used IMO unless there are no dings or damage. If it has damage, it should be between $1400 to $1600 for it used.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion