The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

View Poll Results: 1 or 2
1 great guitar 69 54.76%
2 good guitars 57 45.24%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2023, 12:52 AM

I have one guitar that is the one I always go to. It's not an expensive acoustic, but it sounds and feels great. I do have some other cheaper and older guitars, but I hardly ever play them. So I voted for one great guitar. And I am just an amateur, living-room type of player.
Old 06-11-2023, 02:05 AM

What a good/great guitar is for you cannot be assessed in terms of money.
Old 06-12-2023, 09:44 PM

I voted 2 good guitars. I'd rather have some variety in my toolbox than one single bright and shiny instrument that I am afraid to take out of the house.
Old 06-12-2023, 09:57 PM

There's no one answer to this question. Each player has their own repertoire, the group (maybe only one) of compositions they're playing/practicing. I'm sure there are occasions when the breadth of compositions will allow dissimilar instruments to be more satisfying performing one sort of music and another more enjoyable on another type of music. But someone playing fiddle tunes on a 6-string may not need a 'blues box', for example. And there's no convincing someone who claims he needs ten guitars to satisfy his muse that he's making irrational excuses for his needing all those instruments.

At end, is blue prettier than red?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion