The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-13-2018, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Jon View Post
It WAS about not scaring off any newcomers Evan....

not sure if showing off our tools is the right way to go about this.
Might have some different meaningness for certain words or phrases when presented from opposite sides of a big pond...

.. Had a roomie from the Mother land back in the day and pointed out things on "The Benny Hill Show" that us Americans completely missed...
Like when a less dressed girl would hold up a sign near her belly that said "Bristols" whilst hitch hiking on the side of the road.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 03-13-2018, 09:04 PM
Charter Member

I thought I was one of the last people on earth to use the word "persnickety." It's a good word.

Old 03-14-2018, 09:25 AM

You guys didn’t scare me away. You convinced me to buy my first CF guitar. Bought a Rainsong C-OH and after a good setup I love the guitar. Still not getting rid of my wood Guitars but the CF was a good addition to the family.
Emerald X20
Rainsong H-OM1000N2
Voyage-Air VAD-04
Custom Les Paul
Hot Rod Deville 410, Fishman Loudbox Performer
Old 03-14-2018, 09:51 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
I thought I was one of the last people on earth to use the word "persnickety." It's a good word.

My wife uses that word all the time....aimed at me I believe. I like the word too, one of those that's just fun to say.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:26 PM
Guest 928

When my wife uses language like that on me, I thank her--she's paying attention now. I generally plead stupidity and act like the word means something good, like "tasteful," or "precise"--good stuff. That really gets her going. Ah, relationships, got to love em. That's 51 years of experience talking there. Nothing like a good argument to get the heart rate going, pump up some blood pressure, Play fair, and it's fun.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
When my wife uses language like that on me, I thank her--she's paying attention now. I generally plead stupidity and act like the word means something good, like "tasteful," or "precise"--good stuff. That really gets her going. Ah, relationships, got to love em. That's 51 years of experience talking there. Nothing like a good argument to get the heart rate going, pump up some blood pressure, Play fair, and it's fun.
"A good argument..." Seems like an oxymoron to me. We're about 5 years behind you two, Evan; maybe something will change in the next 5 years where I will think arguing with the Blonde is "fun." Not likely.

In the words of the philosopher Billy Shakespeare: "Hell hath no fury..."

Not much in this world that scares me, but... see my buddy Billy's quote above.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:01 PM
Charter Member

Like Jim, we are 5 years behind you too, we have disagreements, but I don't figure there's much worth arguing about. Who knows how much time we have on this earth to play CF guitars? (Did you like the way I brought it back to guitars? ) LOL
Old 03-14-2018, 09:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
"A good argument..." Seems like an oxymoron to me. We're about 5 years behind you two, Evan; maybe something will change in the next 5 years where I will think arguing with the Blonde is "fun." Not likely.

In the words of the philosopher Billy Shakespeare: "Hell hath no fury..."

Not much in this world that scares me, but... see my buddy Billy's quote above.
That problem is easily solvable if you finish the quote:

Hell hath no fury like a woman deprived of chocolate.

Provide the chocolate and all your problems go away.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 03-14-2018, 10:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeltrans View Post
That problem is easily solvable if you finish the quote:

Hell hath no fury like a woman deprived of chocolate.

Provide the chocolate and all your problems go away.

Tony
I consider chocolate one of the 4 major food groups - there is always chocolate available in our house. And, she is always welcome to my chocolate stash. Over the years, dealing with clients, guests, and passengers, I became pretty adept at being diplomatic. A useful skill. Just saying.

You may have heard: you can win the battle, but lose the war. Some disagreements cannot be avoided... still doesn't make it "fun," even with chocolate.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:13 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I consider chocolate one of the 4 major food groups - there is always chocolate available in our house. And, she is always welcome to my chocolate stash. Over the years, dealing with clients, guests, and passengers, I became pretty adept at being diplomatic. A useful skill. Just saying.

You may have heard: you can win the battle, but lose the war. Some disagreements cannot be avoided... still doesn't make it "fun," even with chocolate.
Uh oh. Then there is no recourse but to be ... assimilated.

Of course, you could always resort to chocolate guitars. Use a bit of NLP - chocolate <-> guitar. Eventually, chocolate good, guitar good.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 03-15-2018, 02:50 PM
Guest 928

Captain;

There seem to be various attitudes toward argument. One of my mentors wrote an article titled "Arguers as Lovers;" that's pretty much my idea of good arguers. That why I noted that good arguments should be fair--each side listens to the other, no name calling, facing the possibility of maybe being wrong. Sort of the way people argue on this forum. We argue best strings, best guitars, best pickups, and so forth--and we listen, we show respect for one another, and sometimes we might even find ourselves wrong. Looks to me like we got a bunch of lovers on this forum.
Old 03-15-2018, 03:12 PM

Seems that some people are conflating “argument”, meaning a friendly and balanced exchange of opposing views and “row” , often meaning nothing but an excuse to let off steam at one’s partner ,,,, just cos you (or at least one of you) wants a row.

I don’t know why ,,, but y’all know it’s a thing, testing the other’s love for you or something ?

Hey I’m no psychologist . Ask my ex wives.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Jon
Hey I’m no psychologist . Ask my ex wives.

Ha...good one.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 03-15-2018, 06:16 PM
Guest 928

And so, a guy comes out of a hotel needing a cab--one pulls right up. The guy says to the driver what good luck! Look for a cab, and there it is!" The driver says, "yeh, you're like Leroy, everything goes his way."

"Everything?" the rider says.

Driver says "oh Yeh, he's athletic, smart, dresses cool, women love him and he is super good looking.

"Oh," the passenger says, "you know Leroy, he's a friend of yours?"

"No," said the driver, " never met him, and he's dead, he was my wife's first husband."

OK, off topic a bit, but pretty funny stuff................

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber